Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

FBW A320 engine shutdown?

I'm fairly new to the Airbuses. Is there any procedure to shut down the engines apart from turning off the cut off switches? If so, my switches are not responding?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Move your cockpit view towards the center console. Sometimes if not properly centered the cutoff switches do not move. You can also assign keys / buttons to it instead.

Just as with any other aircraft of the type usually as you exit the landing runway you bring the APU alive so that you can have energy and packs working as you switch the engines off at the gate, or, you make sure you connect to ground sources before you switch the engines off. For energy usually as you park at a gate a "ground power" avail light lights up to simulate that ground personnel has plugged in the cable.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I have exact the same problem with the latest FBW A320 patch. Can switch the fuel off even with running APU or Groundpower but engines still running idle.

6 hours ago, simba_nl said:

I have exact the same problem with the latest FBW A320 patch. Can switch the fuel off even with running APU or Groundpower but engines still running idle.

Turn off unlimited fuel.

• Like 1

Please do not contact me via DM for support or help with the A32NX mod. We recommend using our help channel on our Discord.