Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Piohib

Airline call signs numbers

Hi,

I`ve been testing vox atc in trial period for a couple of days and I want to ask how I should config settings so that the controller says for example: Lufthansa"67" "six seven" instead of "sixty seven".

Especially, this is annoying when I`m flying on online network (IVAO) and switching between coverage and not coverage online atc area,

ugcx_banner.png ngxu_banner.png

in file "C:\Users\.................\AppData\Roaming\Internal Workings\VoxATC..........\VASettings.xml", edit the  <CallsignNumberFormatPairs Value="TRUE" /> parameter as you prefer ie for you FALSE it seems (?)

for now, cheers

john martin

14 hours ago, Piohib said:

this is annoying when I`m flying on online network (IVAO)

but please explain (i'm curious).... you are mixing Vox with IVAO and / or using each separately as it suits.

besides, paired flight numbers are encouraged by most jurisdictions for safety (& for that reason alone) even to the extent of requiring airlines to co-ordinate with each other to avoid similar "numbers" in the same airspace at a similar time e.g. the intuitive recognition of 5 3 6 vs 5 6 3 is not as simple as 5 36 vs 5 63, & given the callsign in the first is more often not the "easiest" to pick up front when listening to different accents (when one's busy)

for now, cheers

john martin

I`m mixing Vox with online atc e.g. departing from EDDM where the whole online atc is available (DEL, GND, TWR). After takeoff I run Vox and contact with departure controller next CTR if online atc is not available in that area. Then at arrival airport (e.g. LSGG) with online atc I disable Vox and continue approach and landing.

On 12/19/2020 at 6:37 AM, Piohib said:

testing vox atc in trial period

i'm still curious .... is your "creative" idea "working".

coordinating frequencies / traffic etc must be a challenge ??

for now, cheers

john martin

Yes, quite of a challenge but satisfying. I`ve joined a lot of IVAO events and when they're not organized using vox with online atc is like taking part in one of them.

I have another question: in VoxATC window settings I can put call sign Swiss125, but not Swiss125HM. How can I work it out?

12 hours ago, Piohib said:

but not Swiss125HM

maybe Swiss125 H M ....... just guessing.

my only other thought is a workaround somehow using the ATC Aircraft Type Name Editor ...... though i hope others better informed than I will help.

for now, cheers

john martin

4 hours ago, vadriver said:

maybe Swiss125 H M ....... just guessing.

my only other thought is a workaround somehow using the ATC Aircraft Type Name Editor ...... though i hope others better informed than I will help.

maybe as per https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/218184-aircraft-type-recognition/

for now, cheers

john martin

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.