Sign in to follow this  
Yak54

Problem with new PSXT Version 20.0

Hello,

after updating to PSXT version 20.0, Real traffic no longer starts!

in psxt the FSX is recognized correctly,real traffic stops at "update loading in to cache".

Yesterday with the previous version everything worked without any problems.Could I have done something wrong with the update?

Best Regards

It does not look a PSXT problem to me. Please check the items in the FAQ about problems with RealTraffic. 

Real traffic seems to be working now.There was also an update at the same time, which probably took a little longer to install.

PSXT now brings the following error message:

e.g.in LSZH "T167 has an option without an hours attribute"

Something similar at other airports.

Probably this has to do with the new Actual Hour Only option.Where can I turn this on / off?

Or do I have to regenerate my airportfile ?

Best Regards

53 minutes ago, Yak54 said:

Probably this has to do with the new Actual Hour Only option.Where can I turn this on / off?

Or do I have to regenerate my airportfile ?

No this has nothing to do with the new option.

PSXT is checking now more if the airport file is according to the specs. Every option must have an hours attribute. The ones that do not have it are probably added by hand. So either add an hours attribute or remove the option from the file.

Starting fresh with a new file is always possible of course.

Edited by kiek

Hi, Can you clarify this point please - Remove the hours attribute option from the file: what file? 

Just updated to PSX 20..0, getting error - 47: A5 has an option without an hours attribute. I'm looking in the airport file that PPG 20.0 generated, and don't see any parameters related to hours

Brian Horvath

Asus Tuf z790-Plus i9 13900k Asus Strix RTX3080ti @ 4k/30hz Corsair h100i gSkill Trident Z DDR4 3200 32g (8g x4) Asus VG289 4k Display (#1) Viewsonic 1080p Display (#2) Samsung Evo 990 m.2 NVMe 1T (WIn),Samsung 980 m.2 NVMe 2Tb (p3d & Addons) 500g / 2 500g SSD Corsair TX750 Logitech Z5500 Lenovo W540 (ASv4 / Aivlasoft EFB v2), Win 1809 Pro

It is in the airport file ...

The airport where you actually are in the Sim...

It is a file with extension .xml and has the ICAO code of the airport as name...

You will probably find it in the parked_updates subfolder of PSXseeconTraffic...

Each parking position should have a hours= attribute...

Look for the position with  id=A5 ...

Check  the lines starting with <option>...

Please read the PSXseeconTraffic Manual, in particular section 7.3.

Edited by kiek

I have two more questions / problems:

As a test, I generated new airport files with PPG 20.0.However, all "option airline" entries are missing at all airports!

Should that be so?

With an earlier PPG version (march 2020) almost all airports had option airline entries.

PSXT is now running,but there are only parking positions for the aircraft that have just been parked.The planes parked by random when loading the airport or when repositioning to the new airport are completely missing!- so wanted?

if I would use my existing airport files, I would have to add the hours attribute everywhere - I will never finish!

1 hour ago, Yak54 said:

As a test, I generated new airport files with PPG 20.0.However, all "option airline" entries are missing at all airports!

Should that be so?

Yes, that is by design, since version 17.2. See the Release Notes of version of Sept 27 2020

Since the introduction of soft learning (next to real learning) it is easier to let PSXT build up the airport file automatically. That gives much better results then what PPG did with guessing who would park where.

Just let PSXT run for a few hours and you will see many (correctly) parked aircraft (especially when the corona pandemic is over and there is more live traffic)

You better not use your existing airport files, you will miss the new afcad info and you probably also do not have ramp info too.

For a user that is not afraid to edit files, I'd recommend to start fresh, and check Always AFCAD in PPG. For airports that do not have afcad you already have a nice empty structure to fill in some airlines for gates.
The correct hours will then later be added by PSXT when an aircraft is at/near the airport and it adds a soft option.

And for the others, just delete all files from parked_updates and start fresh. Just let it happen while PSXT is running, airport files will be build up automatically.

EDIT: if there are more users that still have options without an hours attribute, I could convert these automatically to hours="0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23"  ?
Is that wanted?

Edited by kiek

I have changed PSXT 20.0, it will not generate exceptions if an hours attribute is missing or is empty. It will add an hours attribute with all hours instead.

Just re-download and re-install version 20.0

12 hours ago, bhorv67 said:

Hi, Can you clarify this point please - Remove the hours attribute option from the file: what file? 

Just updated to PSX 20..0, getting error - 47: A5 has an option without an hours attribute. I'm looking in the airport file that PPG 20.0 generated, and don't see any parameters related to hours

I have changed PSXT 20.0, it will not generate exceptions if an hours attribute is missing or is empty. It will add an hours attribute with all hours instead.

Just re-download and re-install version 20.0

14 hours ago, kiek said:

It is in the airport file ...

The airport where you actually are in the Sim...

It is a file with extension .xml and has the ICAO code of the airport as name...

You will probably find it in the parked_updates subfolder of PSXseeconTraffic...

Each parking position should have a hours= attribute...

Look for the position with  id=A5 ...

Check  the lines starting with <option>...

Please read the PSXseeconTraffic Manual, in particular section 7.3.

Thanks - looking at the particular file (KDEN in this case), A5 has several option airline entries, all with 'real=false', but no hours attribute.

This is what I'm confused about. 

Brian Horvath

Asus Tuf z790-Plus i9 13900k Asus Strix RTX3080ti @ 4k/30hz Corsair h100i gSkill Trident Z DDR4 3200 32g (8g x4) Asus VG289 4k Display (#1) Viewsonic 1080p Display (#2) Samsung Evo 990 m.2 NVMe 1T (WIn),Samsung 980 m.2 NVMe 2Tb (p3d & Addons) 500g / 2 500g SSD Corsair TX750 Logitech Z5500 Lenovo W540 (ASv4 / Aivlasoft EFB v2), Win 1809 Pro

8 hours ago, bhorv67 said:

I see, It gave an error at the first encounter.

But re-download 20.0. It will now add the missing hours attributes.