Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Beacon Light bleeding through

Hello, I'm having an issue with the Falcon 50 in P3D v5.1 HF1 where the Beacon light bleeds through the cabin and I was wondering if there was a way to solve this? I wont dare fly the aircraft at night because of this 😞

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

3 hours ago, Mets737 said:

Hello, I'm having an issue with the Falcon 50 in P3D v5.1 HF1 where the Beacon light bleeds through the cabin and I was wondering if there was a way to solve this?

I can't replicate the problem you are having with the Falcon50 beacon in P3Dv5.1 HF1, and have not seen it reported by anyone else. My guess is your version of the Falcon50 may not be up to date. The latest version is 2.0b and there also is a light package update for all the Falcon50 lights on the FSW web page:

https://flysimware.com/website2019/flysimwares-falcon-50/

Al

Edited by ark

Hello Ark, That light package only came with the Landing light fx and nothing else. Try going into the cabin during night time and see if your beacon light is blinking inside. That is my issue as of right now. Thanks for the heads up on that light package.

btw I also am running the latest version (2.0b)

Edited by Mets737

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

38 minutes ago, Mets737 said:

Try going into the cabin during night time and see if your beacon light is blinking inside.

Did that, and as I said above, I can't replicate the beacon bleed through into the cockpit problem.  If I "go outside" at night I see all the lights blinking (white strobes and red beacons), but nothing inside the cockpit.

You are correct on the light package update, despite what the description says, there is only one effects file inside. I'll let Mark at FSW know to update the description (or the package contents if something is missing).

If anyone else is having the beacon light bleed through problem ( or not ), please report it here.

Al

Edited by ark

7 minutes ago, ark said:

I can't replicate the beacon bleed through into the cockpit problem.

How about in the cabin? Here is a pic of in between beacon flashes, shines up the cabin like a Christmas tree.

https://imgur.com/Laq8jiH

https://imgur.com/4NJqTGz

Edited by Mets737

Jay

| PPL ASEL |

29 minutes ago, Mets737 said:

How about in the cabin? Here is a pic of in between beacon flashes, shines up the cabin like a Christmas tree.

https://imgur.com/Laq8jiH

https://imgur.com/4NJqTGz

I did misread what you were saying -- thought you were taking about the cockpit since you said you couldn't fly at night because of this issue. Frankly, I never even look in the cabin -- could be a cargo a/c for all I care, but I did just check all the cabin views at night and and I still don't see anything close to what you see. I do see a very small and faint red light on a couple of the cabin views with the window shades open, but do have to look very close to see it.

I would expect that if there was a common problem like shown in your pics, FSW would of heard about it long before now, so I don't know what is going on. By chance are you using any third party addons, some type of shader program perhaps, or light addon, etc.?

Do you also see the beacon in the cockpit, or just the cabin?

Hopefully some other users will see this thread and report what they are seeing one way or the other.

Al

Edited by ark

Im not using any 3rd party addons for shaders or lighting, the only thing I did was change the fx file to an "LED" style beacon and strobe, perhaps something in that fx file is making it a lot brighter than the faint red light you are seeing, but nonetheless there isnt a way to block out that light somehow?

Jay

| PPL ASEL |

2 minutes ago, Mets737 said:

Im not using any 3rd party addons for shaders or lighting, the only thing I did was change the fx file to an "LED" style beacon and strobe, perhaps something in that fx file is making it a lot brighter than the faint red light you are seeing, but nonetheless there isnt a way to block out that light somehow?

I'm not aware of any way to "block out the light".  Suggest you go back to the original fx files and see if that makes a difference. At least that will narrow down the cause if that resolves the problem.

Al

Funny you said that, I was just in the middle of re-installing a clean version and without my edited fx files I definitely dont have such a bright red light in the cabin anymore but I definitely do still see that "faint" red light still bleeding through, I may have to dig into the fx files to see what parameter I may need to change to dim down the light. Anyway, thank you for your insight, if you find a way to "block out" the light spill please let me know!

Jay

| PPL ASEL |

33 minutes ago, Mets737 said:

Funny you said that, I was just in the middle of re-installing a clean version and without my edited fx files I definitely dont have such a bright red light in the cabin anymore but I definitely do still see that "faint" red light still bleeding through, I may have to dig into the fx files to see what parameter I may need to change to dim down the light. Anyway, thank you for your insight, if you find a way to "block out" the light spill please let me know!

OK, good luck!

Al