Sign in to follow this  
Marenostrum

A good VA in USA to fly online

4 hours ago, Marenostrum said:

You describe only one way (your way probably) to fly in a VA. That's fine...but after 4000+ hours I can definitively say that it's not the only one.

I've been in 3 VAs since I fly in the sim...all the 3 are good VAs...all different. In particular I have been the Event Manager in one of the 3 (a big and great VA, probably one of the the best all over the world for the Community) and there are 3 ways to fly: to fly scheduled routes (commercial, freights, charter) ,  to fly GA, to fly events online: three different things.

My point is that VA can call itself a VA, but what it is depends a great deal on what it does. I'd suggest that the VA you speak of is a lot closer to a flying club than a virtual airline, but I agree that it's a sliding scale and there is no hard and fast delineation where one starts and the other stops.

My point merely is that if you're focused a lot more on flying with other pilots and ATC than where and what you're flying, then a flying club is better for you and you shouldn't limit yourself to virtual airlines; they are not likely to give you what you are looking for. I'm curious whether the "anything/anywhere" VAs ever build up a strong enough identity to last for a long time, but I honestly haven't looked seriously at the space in a few years.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

To Luke

I understand what you mean.... the fact is that I mentally link the "Flying Club" to "GA" aircrafts only (tipically with a maximum aircraft allowed weight), probably because this is how FlyUK and many other VAs call this internal division inside the VA. Yes, GA aircrafts are allowed to fly everywhere, but only GA.

What I am looking for is something that does not exist in the rw and has been created by many VAs to match the particular sim world when a pilot is focusing on online/ATC flights (where ATC in rw is almost always granted whilst  in the sim world it is not).

To Ponchovilla

It seems easy to file the pireps...I'll put it in my list ...thank you 🙂