Sign in to follow this  
DadJokeCinema

some images of the new DirectX 10

Guest JIMJAM

Makes for nice screenshots at 0 fps.

Guest Kev_Is_Soaked

You may want to know about this, but the DX9 vs DX10 FSX screenies are NOT real.... they were posted officially my Microsoft and the original image had a tag on the bottom which clearly stated that the DX10 shot is simply an "Artists Impression" of what DX10 will look like.It's my guess that the other screenshots are similarly done..... put a really tiny tag below it to save your butt, but so small that the masses will miss it completely and think it's real!http://flyfreesky.com/tt10/attach/1/1136609556.jpg

Yeah, its not going to look anywhere close to that. Not to mention what I'm sure will be horrible framerates trying to crank up DX10 graphics. They can't even get it to run nicely with DX9, somehow I doubt the DX10 transition will be smooth. I am expecting a lot of angry customers who plunked down $500 for the latest DX10 card and finding it runs like junk.

hahahaa yea junk, thats what FSX is now, im running FS9, FSX is collecting cobwebs, waiting for the performance patch.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

No matter how many times I see that picture, I think it looks terrible.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest smarti05

>No matter how many times I see that picture, I think it looks>terrible.>>Exactly, what a joke

Guest bj00rn

>>No matter how many times I see that picture, I think it>looks>>terrible.>>>>>Exactly, what a jokeThose two posts are the internet in a nutshell...: No perspective just constant #### nitpicking for negative attention.May I remind you that just a little while ago people were happy with this:http://home.online.no/~bkmyskja/div/falcon.gifAnd that is not Egypt...

Guest cwright

The top Crysis images came out months ago and are almost certainly DX9. In fact, at that time there may have been no DX10 hardware to run it on. Same goes for the bottom image (also Crysis). Probably the only 'DX10' image in the whole collection is the artist's impression.The reason why the Crysis shots look so good is that they were produced on the new game engine, CryEngine 2. Crysis should be a truly amazing game. By the way, it has true volumetric clouds, unlike FS. The editor that ships with it should be also amazing and far ahead of anything in the FS world.Sadly Crysis has been delayed until April. Best regards, Chris

Guest allcott

Exactly, to make full and proper use of DX10 requires a dedicated engine. Is FSX a dedicated engine..? Yes.DX9.0;)Lets revisit the topic in a year, by which time the promises and expectations of DX10 and FSX will be known, not just speculated upon.Allcott

Whatever you reckon, Bjoorn....Ok to add some perspective. This picture as a rendition of what FSX will look like with DX10 next month is terrible.Happy now?(guess not).

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest JIMJAM

FSX missed the DX10 and the multi core boat.Alot of people are putting alot of faith in dx10 and this miracle patch.I am just going to enjoy FSX and run it on the best tried and true systems out there NOW.Now FS11 and DX 12-15, now that might be worth speculating.

Guest MrBitsy

>hahahaa yea junk, thats what FSX is now, im running FS9, FSX>is collecting cobwebs, waiting for the performance patch.That is a shame. I am using it with 1m resolution VFR scenery and navigating using real VFR charts and a Pooleys airfield guide.When I practice circuits at my local airfield, I can see trees, houses, swimming pools and just about everything else I see out the real aircraft window. I am doing this at 22 smooth fps.Ray Keattch

Guest allcott

>>hahahaa yea junk, thats what FSX is now, im running FS9,>FSX>>is collecting cobwebs, waiting for the performance patch.>>That is a shame. I am using it with 1m resolution VFR scenery>and navigating using real VFR charts and a Pooleys airfield>guide.>>When I practice circuits at my local airfield, I can see>trees, houses, swimming pools and just about everything else I>see out the real aircraft window. I am doing this at 22 smooth>fps.>>Ray KeattchWith autogen?AI traffic on the roads?Night textures?Seasons represented?And aftermarket airfields fitting inconspicuously into the landscape?Didn't think so. It's STILL just a compromise with promise. JUST LIKE FSX ;)Allcott