Sign in to follow this  
geoffwba

A320 Neo take -off training issue

I have attempted to use the MSFS 2020 training module for a take-off.  Everything is OK until I set the controls ready for take -off, but there is no ECAS display for the engines and moving the thrust levers has no effect, although there appears to be some noise for idling engines.  Additionally the fuel level shows almost empty.    I am wondering whether this is a bug or do I have a wrong setting somewhere ?

Are you using the default Asobo A320, or the FBW A320 NX? If the later, i believe it wont work with the likes of Landing challenges , and possibly the training module. But hope fully someone else can confirm.

It should work fine with the default aircraft from Asobo.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Previously the A320 landing challenges definitely did not work at all with the FBW mod. You would get a message that you need to download content - and be redirected to the Content Manager. However since the last update, it seems that the FBW A320 can be used in challenges. However I noticed that if doing so, the flight model in the challenges seems very poorly behaved. For example, on even a greaser of a touch down, the right wing insists on lifting very aggressively, making a good score landing nearly impossible. Repeatable on every attempt. I have never experienced this when using it in the 'normal' sim where the FBW A320 is a very nicely behaved aircraft. For what its worth, I only use the Development version with custom FBW addition.

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Ahh- I guess it is because I have downloaded the modified A320 Neo.  Is it possible to have both versions running side by side in the sim?

3 hours ago, geoffwba said:

Ahh- I guess it is because I have downloaded the modified A320 Neo.  Is it possible to have both versions running side by side in the sim?

Theoretically yes but it would require some editing of json config files.... Easier to remove the A32NX folder from your Community folder before doing training and challenges, then copy back afterwards.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

18 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

Theoretically yes but it would require some editing of json config files.... Easier to remove the A32NX folder from your Community folder before doing training and challenges, then copy back afterwards.

A good idea- I will certainly try it.

• Like 1