Sign in to follow this  
oeker

Activate Garmin to AP (Carenado Mooney)

10 minutes ago, oeker said:

I feel I wasted too many hours on this.

I understand your frustration... you expect the flightplanner and GNS530 to work correctly, and they don't... ☹️

Asobo/Microsoft have the Garmin update at the top of their published issues list, and have promised a revised version end of February.

Until then, no MSFS Garmin is going to work correctly, although the Community updates are better than the original.. but still full of bugs, unfortunately.

Bert

For the OP ... I strongly recommend using the GNS530/430 mod, it’s not perfect but tons better than standard, and I’ve generally been successful using it for most of my flights.   Plus you can load new flight plans on the fly from its interface by copying MSFS 2020 .fpl flight plans into an import folder.  I typically just use Little Nav Map to build those, as it’s a much better interface than any sim provides, and it can export plans in all sorts of formats.  

And yes I’ve flown it with the 530 and autopilot on the M20R as my primary aircraft, and it works fine.  

I installed the GN530 mod recommended above.

It works very well.

Thanks!!

🙂😎

Edited by oeker