Sign in to follow this  
rwilsonlj

Configuring the Bravo Throttle quadrant with the CJ4

I have been experimenting with the buttons on the BTQ with different aircraft with varying success. One example on the CJ4, when I try to bind the heading button (button 1) to the Toggle Autopilot Heading Mode, it does not engage heading mode when pressed. It does on the Turbo Bonanza. I wonder if Working Title have different datarefs than stock MSFS. Just wondering what others have found when trying out different planes with the BTQ settings. Thanks.

With the most recent releases of the Working Title CJ4, you can't map the autopilot modes to any controller buttons and have it function correctly. It's listed as a known issue in the documentation". They can only be used by clicking the AP Mode Buttons themselves on the aircraft panel with your mouse. I imagine it's because clicking a CJ4 AP mode button on the panel can initiate a different AP mode, depending on what the current state is.

Therefore, for the CJ4 I don't use the AP Modes on the Bravo, but I do use the AP Engage-Disengage Button, multifunction and selector knobs for Heading, ALT, VS, FLC, etc.

Like you said, it does work the way you would expect on some of the other aircraft, and I too have used it on the Bonanza and 172, mapping default AP Functions, and also did so on the older WT CJ4 versions, before the latest advancements. The results were the same w/ FSUIPC too.

It would be nice if the mode buttons did work w/ controller mappings and perhaps they can come up with something for that at some point. But I gladly accept the tradeoff for the additional functionality they have added. The work they have done on this mod is amazing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, titantom said:

With the most recent releases of the Working Title CJ4, you can't map the autopilot modes to any controller buttons and have it function correctly. It's listed as a known issue in the documentation". They can only be used by clicking the AP Mode Buttons themselves on the aircraft panel with your mouse. I imagine it's because clicking a CJ4 AP mode button on the panel can initiate a different AP mode, depending on what the current state is.

Therefore, for the CJ4 I don't use the AP Modes on the Bravo, but I do use the AP Engage-Disengage Button, multifunction and selector knobs for Heading, ALT, VS, FLC, etc.

Like you said, it does work the way you would expect on some of the other aircraft, and I too have used it on the Bonanza and 172, mapping default AP Functions, and also did so on the older WT CJ4 versions, before the latest advancements. The results were the same w/ FSUIPC too.

It would be nice if the mode buttons did work w/ controller mappings and perhaps they can come up with something for that at some point. But I gladly accept the tradeoff for the additional functionality they have added. The work they have done on this mod is amazing.

Thanks for the info. I will leave what little hair I have left after pulling out the rest to try to get the buttons to work. I suspected as much, but glad for the confirmation. Happy flying!

It is possible now by using MobiFlight WASM and FSUIPC with custom events as listed here: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/wiki/Sim-Variables

You just need to copy MobiFlight WASM module to community folder. Add to "events.txt" file required HVAR from the above link and also add them to custom cj4.evt file in FSUIPC folder - https://forum.simflight.com/topic/91738-new-mobiflight-wasm-events/. Working very good for me

Thanks for this very useful info. I'm expecting my Bravo TQ shortly. I fly the excellent Working Title CJ4 almost exclusively.

Could you clarify as to whether you use either  MobFlight WASM OR FSUIPC or must they be used together? 

On 1/28/2021 at 4:46 AM, leonpo said:

It is possible now by using MobiFlight WASM and FSUIPC with custom events as listed here: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/wiki/Sim-Variables

You just need to copy MobiFlight WASM module to community folder. Add to "events.txt" file required HVAR from the above link and also add them to custom cj4.evt file in FSUIPC folder - https://forum.simflight.com/topic/91738-new-mobiflight-wasm-events/. Working very good for me

Yes @leonpo, thank you for this information. @powlcown I just set this up this evening and it's pretty easy. You need both the MobiFlight WASM Module AND FSUIPC. I had to get the zip file from: https://bitbucket.org/mobiflight/mobiflightfc/downloads/

It contains the MSFS2020-module to put in the MSFS Community Folder.

I added this to the bottom of events.txt in the \Community\mobiflight-event-module\modules folder.

// WT CJ4 AP MODE TRIGGERS
WT_CJ4_AP_HDG_PRESSED
WT_CJ4_AP_NAV_PRESSED
WT_CJ4_AP_APPR_PRESSED
WT_CJ4_AP_VNAV_PRESSED
WT_CJ4_AP_VS_PRESSED
WT_CJ4_AP_FLC_PRESSED

Then I created a file called cj4.evt in the FSUIPC Install Directory. (just a text file)

Add this to the file:

[Events]
0=MobiFlight.WT_CJ4_AP_HDG_PRESSED
1=MobiFlight.WT_CJ4_AP_NAV_PRESSED
2=MobiFlight.WT_CJ4_AP_APPR_PRESSED
3=MobiFlight.WT_CJ4_AP_VNAV_PRESSED
4=MobiFlight.WT_CJ4_AP_VS_PRESSED
5=MobiFlight.WT_CJ4_AP_FLC_PRESSED

Then these events above will show up in the FSUIPC Menu for Buttons and Switches Assignments along with all other FS Controls.

i.e. Choose your TQ Button, Select For FS Control, and Control sent when button pressed. The CJ4 MobiFlight Events will be listed here for you to choose.

That is all there was to it. Anything not listed above, I used default FS Controls for it, either in MSFS Controls itself, or FSUIPC.

Hope this helps...