Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Updates...

Hi guys,

Please update all my programs. 

I have solved a few nasty bugs and implemented two new 'nice to have' features: permanently parked aircraft and similar types for static parked aircraft. See the Release Notes.

Latest PSXseeconTraffic version is 21.3  (forced update from 20.5).

Also installing and  running the latest AILGenerator  version is recommended. AILG has better CARGO livery detection; it used to recognise CARGO in capitals only (in the atc_parking_types= key), now the case does not matter.

Enjoy,

Regards,

Nico

PS. I have lots of time to spend at home with the covid19 'lock down' in my country, that's the reason for the high frequency of new versions.
If there are more wishes, don't hesitate to ask.

Edited by kiek
  • Like 3

wow! Thank you very much for the update of PSXseecontraffic, AILG and PPG. It's certainly a relief to be able to use MSFS with skies and airports full of real traffic.

You have invited us to give you ideas to continue making this program evolve. And I couldn't help but get excited like a child thinking of new options. One of the things that bothers the most is those airports that do not have ground traffic because they are not captured by radar and realtraffic cannot transmit them. So, generally, the traffic appears in the air after the plane has taken off or disappears before landing. Ideally, PSX would have an option where the disappearing plane would land and go to an arbitrary door in his taxi way. Many times, what matters is that I land and, in my case, watching them roll through the airport is especially pleasant. In the same way, if the opposite happened would be great: once realtraffic has given signal of a plane that took off, then PSX would create that same plane at the airport and make it take off. I suppose that what I ask is very complicated, but hey, I wanted to put it in the requests.

Thank you very much for all you are doing so that this MSFS is not a simulator with excellent graphics but airports and empty skies of variety!

Edited by kiek

Hi, I dont know its just me or everyone but the learner seems to be having a hard time at some airports. I let it run at KIAH for quite some time (around 1 hour) but nothing happend. To be fair KIAH is a difficult airport with transponders turned on late and bad ADSB reception but should not at least some soft learning happen? Also it does not detect any live aircraft. At other airports as well it seems like the live number is always less then the acutally moving aircraft on the RT radar. Any suggestions?

learnerkqj1c.jpg

18 minutes ago, DLH7LA said:

Hi, I dont know its just me or everyone but the learner seems to be having a hard time at some airports. I let it run at KIAH for quite some time (around 1 hour) but nothing happend. To be fair KIAH is a difficult airport with transponders turned on late and bad ADSB reception but should not at least some soft learning happen? Also it does not detect any live aircraft. At other airports as well it seems like the live number is always less then the acutally moving aircraft on the RT radar. Any suggestions?

learnerkqj1c.jpg

Strange, it works like a charm at EGLL, EHAM, EDDF, LEMD, ...

Do note that the lateral range is 8 nm and it only detects aircraft on the ground.

Soft learning is on but compared to PSXT it does not detect aircraft that start in the air within 8 nm, or end in the air within 8nm. They have to touch the ground and if they disappear afterwards they are counted as Soft  

Also aircraft taking off, nog started at a gate are counted as soft.

Edited by kiek

16 hours ago, kiek said:

Do note that the lateral range is 8 nm and it only detects aircraft on the ground.

Maybe that could be the source of the issue as it happens on those airports with bad ADSB coverage.

By the way is there maybe any chance to have the learner run in the background with ADS-B live and still use PSXT with RT at the same time? At different airports of course so they wont interfere.

5 hours ago, DLH7LA said:

Maybe that could be the source of the issue as it happens on those airports with bad ADSB coverage.

By the way is there maybe any chance to have the learner run in the background with ADS-B live and still use PSXT with RT at the same time? 

I'll study to see if I can get more soft from the air too. The problem with not having the Simulator connected is that I have no real time feet above the ground data ... (needed for landing and take-ing off)

No you cannot, both data providers connect to a fixed udp port. However, you can offload RealTraffic/ADS-B and Learner with a copy of the PSXseeconTraffic folder to another PC/Laptop and let them run over there.

• Like 1

I had PSX working fine until this update. Now I get the message (51: File installation_liveries\AI_liveries.xml not found" along the red banner at the bottom.

I have also installed AIL Gen and PPG, both these give the message "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Renistalling the program may fix this problem"

Any ideas please? Also, FLAi now seems not to work.

6 hours ago, sjarman said:

I had PSX working fine until this update. Now I get the message (51: File installation_liveries\AI_liveries.xml not found" along the red banner at the bottom.

I have also installed AIL Gen and PPG, both these give the message "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Renistalling the program may fix this problem"

Any ideas please? Also, FLAi now seems not to work.

FAQ #11

See section 1.1 of the PSXT Manual or section 1.2 of the AILG Manual.

When you have solved this problem,  run AILG, pointing to the FLAi folder, in order to produce a AI_liveries.xml file.

Set the liveries parameter in PSXT to the output folder of AILG.

Edited by kiek

On 2/3/2021 at 8:35 PM, DLH7LA said:

learnerkqj1c.jpg

Learner 1.2 in version 21.5  also recognizes airborne aircraft close to the airport, resulting in more soft updates.

• Like 1

Hello again! First of all, I hope I have not been too ambitious with the proposal that I wrote a little above in this same topic. When asking us for ideas, I was perhaps a little more excited than necessary. In any case, I am using your program (all 3) and I am delighted to see airports full of airplanes. Of course, when traveling to many of them (usually somewhat smaller), data receivers do not usually include avinoes on taxiways because, as I explained, airplanes connect or disconnect their transponders before or after landing or take-off. . Hopefully there is a way to bring those planes to the ground and park them so that there is also air traffic on the ground at all or almost all airports. Thanks once again, the Learner is a gem!