Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

Help re-installing XP

Hi mates,

1. I bought XP 11 late 2018. I am now re-installing it after an absence. I want a fresh installer so I think I need to download the current demo and enter my serial?

2. In my understanding, XP now takes advantage of Vulkan, which implies a more fluid display. Correct?

3. I'm on Win10, I have a GTX1080 and Nvidia drivers 457.51 Do I need to install something else to benefit of Vulkan in X-Plane?

- TONY -

nope thats it, just dont put xplane in programme files thats looking for trouble, which version do you have must be xplane 11, 10 key wont work, once you have it installed and run it once, Copy teh whole xplane folder somewhere, that will be you back up so you wont  have to reinstall it.

Welcome back Tony !!!!!

👍

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Preferred Simulator: X-Plane (and seriously considering AEROFLY FS 4 too)

Preferred Airbus simulation platform: P3dv5 + FSLabs Airbus family

I also use MSFS 2020...

Dear Tony,

go Toliss 😉

I have the A319, and haven't bought he 321 series, including the NEO upgrade because I am on hold for the announcement of X-Plane v12, which I look forward to read about as soon as possible, the sooner the better 🙂

Systems-wise, still nothing beats FSLabs ... Go p3dv5.1 for that, if you're willing to excuse the artificial / plastic feel of flight for the more in-depth simulation of an Airbus A319/20/21 available...

For helis, Bell 412, and the Nimbus UH-1H are simply great ! as they've always been... Well the DCS UH-1H still better though...

For weather I use default - very good already - or ASXP. 

If I would have to buy a Commuter I would pick the LES Saab 340. 

A Boeing ? Older model LES 737-300, modern still the -800 Zibo MOD... 

Vulkan and the Experimental FM turned X-Plane 11 into a very smooth simulation even on my old i5 2500 + GTX 960. Only surpassed in performance and feel of flight by what I can get from DCS or IL2, but on wait for DCS 2.7 with the New Clouds and going Vulkan as well later this year 🙂

Should I decide to abandon Micro-slot OS, which is closer than ever as a deep decision, I will probably have no alternative other than XP or, FlightGear ( hey! check a few recent great helis for FG !!! - Check Helisimmer ).

But... of course I enjoy MFS too :-), even if it struggles to run on my rig if at higher then LOW settings 😕 It's an amazing sim too ! For overall Visuals it's second to none !

Take care ! and nice Gals to check for everywhere 🙂

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I also use MSFS 2020...

Dear Jose,

Looks like you have not changed much 😉

For airliners, I'm staying on P3Dv4.5. Got the PMDG 737 recently.

For MSFS I'm not in a hurry, I'll wait for 1-2 years for when I'll change my rig and PMDG releases a 737 or 777 for MSFS.

Actually, I was curious to see how XP has evolved using the AirfoilLabs C172.

Did you install something specific to benefit of Vulkan for XP? It's unclear to me.

• Like 1

- TONY -

Tony,

no need to install other than vanilla XP11.51, and then check the Vulkan option. After a sim restart you'll be Vulkanized 🙂

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

I also use MSFS 2020...