I have today written to Mitch at GoFlight regarding compatible drivers for MSFS. I'll post any reply here.

Looking through their Facebook page this was posted by a fellow user back in October and is GoFlight's reply to his question...

Regarding FS 2020, unfortunately, our hands are tied. The SDK in 2020 simply does not provide the level of control or access required at this time. We could map, at best, some of the default variables/functions from an external application, but that it is it. I'd be extremely hesitant to begin it now.
So this left me with more question. So I am going to contact Microsoft to see what they say.
After what our software developer has said and rumors from other companies and people. I am only left with the conclusion that FS 2020 SDK is still lacking in development. I say that now, but I really want to hear what Microsoft has to say. At this point all we can do is try working with our developer and Microsoft to resolve some of these issues.

This is at least encouraging that GoFlight are still operational and intend to provide drivers when they have the means to do so. That was four months ago and you would hope that some progress has been made with the SDK to allow GoFlight to create a robust driver.

This would be a game-changer for me as I'm not prepared to be unable to have programmable hardware in the new sim.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray, I support your effort and hope Microsoft listens . I do have a few Go Flight mods.

Good luck,                      Michael J

• Like 1

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

Thank you for your help Ray. I spent quite a lengthy time this afternoon programming some of my 14 GF modules through FSUIPC, but would welcome a GF driver anytime.

@Jean-Claude, are you aware of Pollypot software that can help with programming? I’ve used the Detective mode to read LVARS for 3rd party aircraft such as Vertx Diamond DA62. Much better than using the mouse.

No reply from GoFlight yet. ☹️

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yes Ray, I am aware of this software but never tried it before. I also read that they have a number of limitations with MSFS compared to their other versions, so perhaps I shall wait until GF release their driver and be happy with FSUIPC in the meantime. I am merely starting to learn MSFS, I'll see how I get along with it before I invest too much on tools.

Edited by Jean-Claude

JC, all my experiences are with P3D v4. I have yet to buy MSFS preferring to wait until it’s more mature. Steve is very good with support for his software. Hopefully we’ll get a driver from GoFlight or it will damage sales a great deal.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray your evaluation of MSFS is correct, I am essentially using P3Dv4.5.3 and fully satisfied with it. MSFS will be my "low and slow" simulator until the big names come to it, but that won't be for another year or so at best, so there is little incentive to switch right now unless one wants to use light aircraft. On my very first flight yesterday with MSFS I choose the Bonanza - on which I have a respectable number of hours in RL - and found myself struggling to keep my plane stable in turns (with no wind)... I guess aerodynamics need some more refinements, but that discovery is interesting. As to GF, FSUIPC has done the job, except that I dont have any digits lit on my modules, I still prefer to turn real buttons and flip real switches! At least Track IR worked out of the box.

Edited by Jean-Claude
  • Like 1