Sign in to follow this  
ivatt

LNM Not Connecting to X-Plane 11.50...again

Hi, I first raised this as an issue last August and I think I resolved it but since then I have replaced my PC and have recently decided to get back into LNM.

I have LNM on my default C drive and x-plane in on my J: drive. I have checked that the LNM plugin Little Xpconnect is correctly installed and confirmed working by x-plane.

I have LNM set to connect automatically but it just says Connecting (XP) even when I run x-plane and am "sitting" in the cockpit.

I have checked my anti-virus to make sure that's not stopping it. 

I tried to create a basic flight plan and it seemed to work but although I exported to x-plane and the fms shows in the correct folder x-plane doesn't show the plan when trying to load flp.

At a loss as to know whay it's not connecting.

Plane 11.53 (64 Bit) MSFS 2020
ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0
Intel Core i5 9400F @ 2.90Ghz
16 GBytes DDR4 DRAM Latency 1200.8 MHz
Radeon RX 570 Series 8 GBytes GDDR5

Xpconnect installation is ok if you can see it in the X-Plane plugin manager. So far so good.
LNM and Xpconnect do not use network stuff for communication. This should be independent of firewall settings.

But do you run LNM and X-Plane on the same computer?
What OS are you using? Windows, macOS or Linux?

If all fails run LNM, try a connection attempt and send me the log file which you can open here: Main menu "Tools" -> "Files and Directories" -> "Open Log File"

Alex

Hi thanks for the reply.

LNM and x-plane are on the same PC but different drives.

I am using W10

How do I attach the log file? I have tried copy and paste but it doesn't seem to work.

ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0

Hi thanks for the reply.

LNM and x-plane are on the same PC but different drives.

I am using W10

There is something very strange going on with the LNM log file because it opens in Notepad and when I then save to my desktop it doesn't show although saving again gives the overwrite error Is it possible to access the file from the LNM folders?.

ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0

3 hours ago, ivatt said:

Is it possible to access the file from the LNM folders?

Full path is C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\abarthel-little_navmap.log (replace YOURUSERNAME with your login name).
Maybe some settings in Windows Explorer that keep it from showing up on the desktop.

This is a strange error with the connection. Normally LNM and XPconnect are quite reliable on Windows. Anti-virus is often a problem but I think not in your case since the plugin is loaded.

Anyway, I got you email with logs and will have a look at it.

Alex

Thanks Alex, look forward to hearing from you.

ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0

A few notes: I see that this is your X-Plane path:

File "J:\\X-Plane 11.50\\METAR.rwx" does not exist

But LNM is still looking in another path for the weather file.

Base "I:/X-Plane 11.41/" exists true

You should adjust this in the options dialog on page "Weather Files" for "X-Plane weather file.

Regarding the connection:
I do not see a connection attempt. Neither by clicking the "Connect" in the dialog nor automatically. Check main menu "Tools" -> "Flight Simulator Connection", click the tab for X-Plane and then connect and/or "Connect automatically".

Alex

Good morning Alex, pleased to say I have resolved the problem. I removed all my plugins other than Little xpConnect and still no joy. I then read again the instructions included with the latest LNM download and removed the plugin and the put it back from the download. I found that the plugin I had been using was previous version. I then ran LNM and x-plane and was pleased to find connection made.

I have replaced all my plugins and as a precaution I have set LNM to run as Administrator. Pleased to say everything is working perfectly.

I can only assume that I copied over the plugin with latest LNM version and this must have been the cause. Lesson for myself to read the readme file etc. in future and not make assumptions.

ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0

Hi,

thank you for the feedback. Running LNM as an admin is normally not needed. It might only help if you export flight plans to folders with limited permissions.
Anyway, glad it's working now.

Alex

Thanks Alex, comment noted. Justn one point f I may, is there a way to lock the map in Street Order when flying. I am finding I can cycle through the maps but it keeps reverting back to the original didplay which I think is the air traffic areas (very multi coloured).

Now I have it working I will look at some Youtube videos to get a better idea of exactly what can be done. I have also printed the manual so will be reading that over time.

Edited by ivatt

ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0

20 hours ago, ivatt said:

Justn one point f I may, is there a way to lock the map in Street Order when flying. I am finding I can cycle through the maps but it keeps reverting back to the original didplay which I think is the air traffic areas (very multi coloured).

I'm afraid I don't understand. What do you mean by street order? Zoom distance?

If the zooming while flying is confusing: Have a look at the options dialog on page simulator aircraft. See also here: https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.6/en/OPTIONS.html#simulator-aircraft

Alex

Hi Alex, sorry to bother you again but strange things happening with fms file. I export the file for x-plane in LNM and it shows in the output/fms folder  with the correct fms extension but not in the FLT plan options of the aircraft. .Also when I look for it with normal Explorer it doesn't show.

I created an fms in another application and it imports Ok and I can edit and calculate plan and then export but if I export ot Documents/Little Navmap files it seems OK.

Other than that I am getting on OK, if a little slow.

Any clues

Edited by ivatt

ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0

Did you hide file extensions in Windows Explorer? This may cause issues which also affect the file save dialogs in LNM. It can happen that files are saved without extension or get a .txt extension added. I'd switch this option in Windows Explorer off. It's quite confusing to hide parts of the filename.

FMS in the right folder should work fine for the stock FMS, GPS, G1000 and for most add-on aircraft. Did you try the stock FMS/GPS?

Alex