Sign in to follow this  
Grup

SODE Jetways Bergen X P3Dv5

Regarding Bergen X scenery, Is there a way to get SODE jetways to work in P3Dv5?

I purchased it for P3Dv4 several months ago when I was using v4 but have since moved on to P3Dv5. Although the developer hasn’t updated the scenery to v5 (and I understand has no plans to do so), I was able to install it in v5 and it works fine except for the SODE jetways not working. The scenery is good so it would be good to have it functioning fully.

Would be interested to know if anyone has managed to get around this issue and if so if you wouldn’t mind telling me how to achieve it. My knowledge of computer architecture is limited so I would need detailed instructions due to my rookie tech status!

Many thanks.

12 hours ago, Grup said:

Regarding Bergen X scenery, Is there a way to get SODE jetways to work in P3Dv5?

I purchased it for P3Dv4 several months ago when I was using v4 but have since moved on to P3Dv5. Although the developer hasn’t updated the scenery to v5 (and I understand has no plans to do so), I was able to install it in v5 and it works fine except for the SODE jetways not working. The scenery is good so it would be good to have it functioning fully.

Would be interested to know if anyone has managed to get around this issue and if so if you wouldn’t mind telling me how to achieve it. My knowledge of computer architecture is limited so I would need detailed instructions due to my rookie tech status!

Many thanks.

check what the SODE.log says sometimes missing simobjects or wrong p3d version coded in the xml

c:\programdata\12bpilot\sode\log

Edited by Boeing or not going

Thanks for the reply. Will have a look and see if it’s anything obvious.

Can you share how you were able to install it in v5. I have a few airports in v4 version but don’t know how to get it to work with v5. As you mentioned some developers don’t have a timeline or will never make a v5 update. The installers all point to v4 which I don’t have.

fly safe

Edited by mokeiko

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

Try installing an older version of SODE. The update to 1.7.1 caused problems with some of my older add-ons.

I would try 1.6.8 and see if that helps.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

@mokeikoI simply selected ‘Browse’ when it came to choosing where to install it then selected Program Files/Lockheed Martin/P3Dv5 and installed it there. Works perfectly except for SODE. Not sure whether doing the same will work for other sceneries. Inibuilds do a patch that converts Split X scenery to v5, if you have thar scenery.

• Like 1

Thank you Grup

fly safe

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC