Sign in to follow this  
Simjockey

PayloadManager X for MSFS

Is there any chance of updating PayloadManager X to work with MSFS Oliver?  I used the program with P3Dv4 and it was a wonderful addition to enhance the virtual experience in my Flight Sim Economy flights.  Being able to see the passengers arrive at the aircraft in GSX2 and glancing back into the cabin to see them seated was amazing during the flight.  Granted the people models arriving at the aircraft and those seated were different but as flight simmers we are masters of 'suspension of disbelief' so it never mattered.

Regards,

Paul.

Paul Davies.

Hello Paul,

at the moment I don't see how. PMX was made for P3D V4, but MSFS is rooted in FSX - it just doesn't have the necessary API functionality.

There may be a way that I am going to check out at some point, but it will not be on the same level of functionality that PMX has. But that implementation is way down the list, beacuse it means to rewrite the entire app, remove everything that cannot work anymore and add new code specific to MSFS.

Edit: I just made a prototype of what I thought might be a solution, but it isn't.

So the definitive answer is: an app like PMX is currently impossible to make for MSFS, sorry. But that is true for quite a few of the Lorby-SI apps. I put the required API features on the Asobo wishlist back in the Alpha, but they certainly have bigger fish to fry.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI