Sign in to follow this  
Mark D

Reality XP GTN 650 for X-Plane (Trojan & Backdoor Viruses?)

Upon installing the latest version of Reality XP GTN 650 for X-Plane, Windows Defender has identified two "Severe" viruses.

One is Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.DE!ml which seems to be associated with rxpGtnSim32.dll.

The other is Backdoor:Win32/Bladabindi!ml which seems to be associated with rxpGTN-XPL-setup.exe.

At first I could only get a blackscreen on my GTN 650 simulated console until I gave Windows Defender permission to install rxpGtnSim32.dll (I think..) Windows Defender initially tried to block it.

Later I had Windows Defender remove or quarantine Wacatac.DE!ml & Bladabindi!ml and the GTN 650 sim still seems to work fine.

I know some forum members are saying these viruses are "false positives" and I hope that's true. It would be great if the Reality XP folks could find a way to get rid of these virus warnings, since it is very disconcerting to think you may be infecting your computer with a "Severe" virus.

Any comments are welcome!

9 minutes ago, Mark D said:

Any comments are welcome!

Have a read of the numerous number of threads on this issue

• Like 1

David Porrett

@Mark There is a pinned thread titled - Trojan Virus? [false positive] - I assume you didn't bother reading it, please do so.

• Like 1

I did take a look at that thread, which gave me enough assurance to go ahead and allow the software to be installed despite Defender's warnings. My experience seemed a little different than the other threads, with possibly different "viruses" being identified. So I posted mainly for Reality XP's benefit (to make them aware of these particular virus flags), since (I think) this is the only avenue to contact them. And also to see if anyone had had any comments particular to the viruses I was being warned about by Windows Defender.