Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hall

PAJN - ILS 'confusion'...

Hi Alex,

W10 - P3D5 - LNM v2.6.7

Just completed a flight PANC - PAJN ~~~ arriving PAJN note TWO approaches on ILS: IJDL 109.90 61M and PAJN 36W 108.00, 331M.

There is also a note on 36W that states 'LOC DO NOT USE IJDL'.

On the map the actual aiport only has a single runway 08/26! Also Radar Contact only gives the single 08 option.

The runway 08 is an offset ILS approach which I have only attempted once before and made a complete dog's breakfast of it 🥵)

This time, however, a completely successful outcome 😊...using IJDL - 08!

Just installed v2.6.8 and the same two ILS approaches are shown (36W ILS feathers extend way past the airport in both versions).

LNM scenery DB updated after each installation.

Is this a genuine 'error' or am I seeing/reading something that is not there?

Best,

Ken 😉

Old enough to know better...
...young enough to do most of it again!

System: Chillblast (Matt Davies designed) Intel i5-6600 Sklylake CPU O/C to 4.4 GHz; Liquid Cooled; Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MoBo; MSI GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb; 16Gb Corsair Crucial DDR4 RAM; SSD plus SSHD drives; Windows-10.
GF MCP-Pro and EFIS + 8 other GF Modules, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo units, Saitek Pedals, Iiyama 19" x 2, 40" smart TV.

1) Which cycle of Navigraph database do you use? Have you synchronized your LNM with sim database ("Load Scenery Library)?

2) Make a test:
-switchoff sim database and switchoff Navigraph database => "SceneryLibrary/Navigraph .../Do not use  Navigraph database" and check which procedures are displayed
-switchon sim database and switchoff Navigraph database => "SceneryLibrary/Navigraph .../Use Navigraph for all fatures" and check which procedures are displayed

If this procedure  PAJN 36W 108.00, 331M exists in second case -> it's a problem of outdated simulator database;
If this procedure  PAJN 36W 108.00, 331M exists in first case -> it's a problem of outdated Navigraph database - LNM comes with default 1602 (or something similar) Navigraph database so it's 5-year old navidata.

LNM only displays data and procedures that are in their databases 😄
In my XP11 installation only approaches LDA 08 and RNAV 08 are displayed in PAJN.

Regards,
Piotr

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

? ~~~ I aam using Navigraph 2101...LNM database updated to 2101...

In LNM\Scenery Library\2 P3dv5\Navigraph AIRAC Cylcle 2101\Use Navigraph for all features\Spurious ILS disappears but there is NO paking shown...

In LNM\Scenery Library\2 P3dv5\Navigraph AIRAC Cylcle 2101\Use Navigraph for Navaids and Procedures...Parking comes back but the 'spurious' ILS returns!

https://imgur.com/a/jHfks8i

Edited by Ken Hall

System: Chillblast (Matt Davies designed) Intel i5-6600 Sklylake CPU O/C to 4.4 GHz; Liquid Cooled; Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MoBo; MSI GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb; 16Gb Corsair Crucial DDR4 RAM; SSD plus SSHD drives; Windows-10.
GF MCP-Pro and EFIS + 8 other GF Modules, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo units, Saitek Pedals, Iiyama 19" x 2, 40" smart TV.

2 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

In LNM\Scenery Library\2 P3dv5\Navigraph AIRAC Cylcle 2101\Use Navigraph for all features\Spurious ILS disappears but there is NO paking shown...

In LNM\Scenery Library\2 P3dv5\Navigraph AIRAC Cylcle 2101\Use Navigraph for Navaids and Procedures...Parking comes back but the 'spurious' ILS returns!

Yes. As described here: https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.6/en/NAVDATA.html
And also shown in the warning dialog that pops up when using the "Navigraph for all modes".

Check your add-on scenery. Something introduces this ILS.

Alex

'Check your add-on scenery. Something introduces this ILS.' ~~~

The only scenery add-ons that I have are from Orbx...

They include various Pacific North West (PNW) files which are in the PAJN area.

I shall try disabling these and check the results - will let you know.

Ken 😉

Just FYI, in the latest Jeppesen (real world version), the only two Instrument Approaches are the (1) LDA X Runway 8 and (2) RNAV (GPS) V Runway 8. Both are dated 7/24/2020.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

I see LDA-X, LDA-Z, RNAV-T and RNAV-V. All runway 08. The ILS 36W must be from an add-on.

BTW: IJDL is a localizer. No glideslope.

Still might be an LNM issue but I doubt it since the ILS 36W has a completely unrelated heading. Hard to make this up with a bug.🙃

BTW - LDA-Z and RNAV-T are rather Navigraph's kind of "creative innovation" 😉

As @pgde noticed such procedures don't exist in real world.
Not only in Jeppesen set, I use FAA charts and there are only LDA-X and RNAV-V for rwy 08 at PAJN.
What's more Navigraph's LDA-X and RNAV-V aren't exactly the same as LDA-X and RNAV-V real procedures - here: https://skyvector.com/files/tpp/2101/pdf/01191LDAX8.PDF is original real chart to compare with Navigraph's chart.

My question to Alex:  would it be possible to add in future to LNM an option for loading CIFP coded procedures (similar like Navigraph)?
There are USA terminal procedures in ARINC 424 format and are absolutely for free and what's more it's possible to use them in X-Plane 11 😄
You can see them here: https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/digital_products/cifp/download/

Regards,
Piotr

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

10 hours ago, ppgas said:

Not only in Jeppesen set, I use FAA charts and there are only LDA-X and RNAV-V for rwy 08 at PAJN.

I see. No idea where this is coming from.

My question to Alex:  would it be possible to add in future to LNM an option for loading CIFP coded procedures (similar like Navigraph)?

LNM does read the X-Plane CIFP files. If you add or modify procedures manually (not recommended by LR, ja, ja) you can see them in LNM when switching to "Do not use Navigraph" mode. There are no limitations. The CIFP cover all aspects of procedures.

There are USA terminal procedures in ARINC 424 format and are absolutely for free and what's more it's possible to use them in X-Plane 11

This is a lot of work to implement. Not worth the effort IMO.

Alex

"Errare humanum est, sed perseverare diabolicum" 😜

Today I've got an answer from Philipp Munzel  (developer of FMC/FMS systems in Laminar Research) about approaches in XP11 that come from Navigraph.

1) All navigation approaches we discussed about are good. 
2) It's impossible to find them on FAA pages because there are not published by FAA.
3) FAA gives them to Jeppesen and they are available _only_ for special certified operators who can perform them.
4) So in general they are exist but are "hidden" for normal flying.

And puzzle is solved, this time really correctly 😁

Regards,
Piotr

[edit]

If someone is interested in subject, here is an example such restricted FAA approach (look at the Notes on the right side of approach chart):
ase-approach.jpg

Edited by ppgas
  • Like 1