Sign in to follow this  
ceebee58

P3D problems

Having revived my interest in fs via FSX on steam I looked at the offerings and decided to give p3d a try. It may not be as ‘pretty’ as MS FS 2020 but its clear purpose is to be a simulator first and entertainment (important as that may be) second. 

I run a TUF gaming PC with Ryzen 7 , 16GB of RAM and RSX GPU but the P3D keeps falling over on startup. I have asked for a refund.

Any ideas ast why it wont run ? Have I done something daft ?

Thanks

Check the P3D forum www.prepar3d.com and look for suggestions to debug, set up, reinstall, etc...something is likely wrong with your installation.

Sherm

RSX GPU? Pre Dx11. No chance of running it.

Edited by 40track

15 minutes ago, 40track said:

RSX GPU? Pre Dx11. No chance of running it.

I'm assuming it's 'RTX' with a typo... a system with Ryzen 7 is not going to be old. And GTX 9x onwards is capable of DX12. That said, the specific model and amount of VRAM is a question to be answered.

@ceebee58 do you know how to use the Windows Event Viewer? Seeing if there's a crash log in the Application log will give you some basic guidance as to nature of the problem, and you would need that info to put in a request at the Prepar3d forums. 

In my experience, when P3D crashes on startup (without getting as far as the Scenario screen) it's usually either a) a Windows issue (graphics drivers most often) or b) a failing add-on. Have you installed any add-ons at all? If so, the first step in debugging is to disable all of them.

As shermank suggested, though, you'll likely get a better response at the Prepar3d.com forum: but be warned, while there are some very helpful people there, they will insist on you following the standard debugging steps and if you keep insisting it must be P3D at fault without doing so then you probably won't get a very good result. Also, it's unlikely that LM staff will themselves enter the conversation. It's mostly users helping users there.

Edited by neilhewitt
  • Like 1

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

23 minutes ago, neilhewitt said:

I'm assuming it's 'RTX' with a typo... a system with Ryzen 7 is not going to be old. And GTX 9x onwards is capable of DX12. That said, the specific model and amount of VRAM is a question to be answered.

@ceebee58 do you know how to use the Windows Event Viewer? Seeing if there's a crash log in the Application log will give you some basic guidance as to nature of the problem, and you would need that info to put in a request at the Prepar3d forums. 

In my experience, when P3D crashes on startup (without getting as far as the Scenario screen) it's usually either a) a Windows issue (graphics drivers most often) or b) a failing add-on. Have you installed any add-ons at all? If so, the first step in debugging is to disable all of them.

As shermank suggested, though, you'll likely get a better response at the Prepar3d.com forum: but be warned, while there are some very helpful people there, they will insist on you following the standard debugging steps and if you keep insisting it must be P3D at fault without doing so then you probably won't get a very good result. Also, it's unlikely that LM staff will themselves enter the conversation. It's mostly users helping users there.

Yep it thought it was a typo. RSX is a PS3 SOC or 7800GT from FSX days. RTX no probs.