Sign in to follow this  
Bigbluss

Could the next two weeks be MSFS turning point?

Hi all,

I don't post here too often, but I tend to read the threads a lot. I enjoy MSFS, but I realise it has some shortcomings right now and there are compromises to be made.

I've noticed in the next few weeks we get Sim Update 3, which states it'll address the autopilot and navigation issues in the sim - and this one has been a long time coming, so hopefully it'll be a solid release.

In addition to this we're about to get the Aerosoft CRJ, and the Just Flight Arrow. This sounds like a solid lineup for those who were missing medium/high fidelity aircraft, and coupled with the AP fixes, the sim should start to let those who like more advanced IFR procedures enjoy it. I know it's not A2A, FSL or PMDG, but two medium/high depth aircraft coming out in the same two weeks can't be entirely down to chance. Hopefully people have got their heads around the SDK now and things will iterate rapidly.

In addition, the upcoming AP and navigation improvements should allow the WT and FBW teams improve their models even more.

I know for myself personally, the CRJ will be a good jet fix with more than enough depth to keep me busy, and from previous experience with Just Flight, I've found them far superior to the likes of Carenado (hence why their release took seven months and Carenado took a month, I suppose!).

I think 2021 will be great.

Edited by Bigbluss
  • Like 3

Kind of yeah... How much they improve the Garmin systems will show how serious they take the feedback and how capable they are. I fully expect there still to be several bugs, but ideally they are much rarer and won't happen on most flights. This is only logical because they can't test every procedure and every airport, but general stuff like freezes, the u turn bug and stuff like hat should really be fixed.

If they half word not allowed this then we can be in for a very long ride until the sim can really be considered good. 

I am not holding my breath. I hope, yet dare not really hope, that "garmin units ... fixed" means anything in relation to the faulty and buggy default navigation logic in the sim. Ie, programming a STAR with an arrival in the airbus (fbw) will not work half  the time because the fms will simply delete waypoints that it thinks is ineffective, and all of a sudden just go straight to the airport even though you are just half way through the STAR. 

If anything of that has something to do with the Garmin units then sure, Sim update 3 could be a turning point. But then again, why would they confine such a universal and major fix into something so specific as the garmin units. The bug I just described is relevant to ALL airplanes, garmin or not. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78