Sign in to follow this  
FTD1949

Question about "My Traffic X" Requirements

Today I noticed AVSIM indicated that "My Traffic X" is available. I took a look under the Requirements section, and noticed this statement: Requires 512MB GraphicsAre they stating that we must have 512 MB on our video card? That is what I get from this statement. Most users, most likely, do not yet have this amount of video card memory. I "only" have 256MB.Thanks,Jim

Guest JIMJAM

Thats wrong.Also MYtraffic X ai are very basic and my FPS and others are the same or better even with more traffic than the original ai.

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

Yeah, that's a mistake. Probably meant 512MB system memory. I only have 256MB on each of my 7900GT's and it works great.--Mike

Aside from the obvious typo error what you will need is about 3 to 4GB of disk space for the files. I run my sliders at 20% (Commercial) and 10% (GA) AI traffic with acceptable FPS at most airports. Surprisingly this setting gives quite a few aircraft. Depending on where you are it can vary from about 10 to over 90 in traffic explorer.MikeSystem:HP Duo 2.82 MB RamATI X200 graphics 256MB

Guest firehawk44

I think it's a typo too as I use it with my 256 MB video card but the Aerosoft web site says 512 MB too. In any case, it runs well with a 256 card.Best regards,Jim

Jim, Your card will work fine with it. Be advised that you do have to edit a dll XML doc in order to get it to work unless they have recently changed the installer. If you don't feel comfortable doing that I would advise against it. Craig

Guest IL76MD

Guys, I got the MyTraffic X. Installed (although installation procedure really sucks, for 40 EUR it could be simpler) I have the AI aircraft but they look terrible - kinda like the FS2002, all squared, with ugly landing gear and cartoon-like engine cowlings. Livery paints are very poor too. Is this what one gets for 40EUR or is there a way to adjust the quality of them in the editor menu? Thanx