Sign in to follow this  
mike stryczek

replacements for empty types

I have noticed that we have a new way of treating aircraft that have no type.
Having trouble to find details in the manual but I was wondering if there is a way of forcing replacement type of my choosing or what is the criteria the program uses to choose replacement type.
I am experiencing some crazy replacement (I’m getting B-17)
happy landings
mike

Sim,PC, monitor,prescription glasses, chair.

Chapter 10:

<type> is empty: Match a livery for <airl> and a type suited by altitude.                     =9=

<type> empty and <airl> empty: Match a livery suited by altitude and groundspeed.    = A=

Release notes Feb 5, 2021, version 21.5:

If there is no type info but there is an airline code, such as in this example:
EJA610  nul
a random livery of a middle or heavy type of that EJA airline is matched (if available of course) instead of a default light livery. Above 32’000 ft it searches for a heavy otherwise a middle.
A match is indicated in the log with =n=  (now =9=)

If there is no type and no airline code the livery randomly chosen depends now  upon the altitude and groundspeed of the aircraft too. Above 10.000 feet always a middle or heavy livery is chosen while below 10.000 feet it depends on the groundspeed. 120kts and above will be a middle aircraft type livery otherwise a light aircraft type.
A match is indicated in the log with =N= (now =A=)

Compared with the old school of matching, with a light livery always, the new method gives more real matching results, and it will prevent that you’ll see a Chessna flying at FL400 

Edited by kiek

thank you Niko for your quick response
that’s fascinating and very clever
I only mentioned because in some places, where there is lots of empty types I am getting sometimes quite awkward replacements since I have lots of AI models
For example I will get several AN-32s flying GA operations with Cessna’s and Cherokees
It is not very crucial, I was just interested how it works
H L
mike

Sim,PC, monitor,prescription glasses, chair.