Sign in to follow this  
Otonabee

ATC will not step me down to descend ever!!

Not sure what else to do.  I import my simbrief plan into P2ATC, enter SID, STAR, proper approach and everything matches up perfectly and my flight stays exactly on course on map in P2ATC.  Problem continues to be that ATC does not give me any descent step down information.  Example.. tonight I have an easy 60 minute flight into Montreal Canada.  Cruise altitude for the trip is 36,000 feet.  On P2ATC map, I fly right over the green arrow on map (expecting descend instructions) and nothing.  As I get closer I begin to descend on my own, ATC continues to yap in my ear to climb to 36,000 feet yet I am literally 15 nautical miles to runway in my final approach where I need to be at 3000 feet.  As I drop my landing gear, ATC finally tells me to get down to 3000 feet (yet 30 seconds ago she was telling me to climb to 36000 feet).

It happens to me whether I have a STAR or not.  I read that if you have a STAR you will get instructions to descend, and if no STAR you will get instructions to descend at the green arrow on map.  Neither working for me and I have tried it both ways multiple times. If I don't descend on my own, I literally fly into airport at cruise altitude and can't get down to land. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this or what I may be doing wrong.

Hey no I was not.  Just updated to version 2.6.2.2 R2 and will give it a try to see if this helps. thanks

same problems, no change with updated version.  ATC telling me to climb to cruise altitude of 36000 feet as I am at 3000 feet starting my final approach.  Too bad, this is cool program but going to stop using and go back to default ATC within MSFS.  At least that one descends you properly and makes the flight more realistic. It's almost like Pilot2atc loses track of your position and thinks you are further away then you actually are.  

If you send the log file for the flight to admin@pilot2atc.com I can figure out what happened.  Something is unique to the flight since other users are not having this problem.

P2A Log files are located in: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs where <UserName> is your PC user name. 
Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, and is closed when you shut it down. So if you take the most recent one after you have the error and after you shut down P2A, you should have the correct one.  
Thanks,

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

That’s actually the only thing I don’t like about pilot2ATC. I get descend via the “STAR” to basically the altitude to catch the glideslope and I have to manage the entire descent myself. I feel like P2ATC should be sophisticated enough to give me instructions like in real life. I don’t think NY Center is just letting all that traffic descend whenever they want on the LENDY6 arrival...

The TOD calculator has been nice in the A32NX mod but before we had that this was very frustrating