Sign in to follow this  
duaxrte

COM1 is not powered

Hello there!

I have FS ATC Chatter Demo version and using it for an A320neo flight.

However, when I turn on the external power and everything comes "alive" even the radio, the client/program says "COM1 not powered - chatter paused".

I would like to know if it is available for all aircrafts and supported for FlyByWire A320NX.

@duaxrte Some of the FS2020 aircraft are not properly maintaining the Sim Connect radio status variable. This is what FS-ATC-Chatter uses to determine if the radio are powered up. Please let the aircraft designer know that they should properly maintain that variable. In the mean time you will need to disable the Use Radio Power option in the FS-ATC-Chatter options. With that off FS-ATC-Chatter will assume the radios are powered up all the time and will play chatter based upon your other settings.

Mark

4 hours ago, markcellis said:

@duaxrte Some of the FS2020 aircraft are not properly maintaining the Sim Connect radio status variable. This is what FS-ATC-Chatter uses to determine if the radio are powered up. Please let the aircraft designer know that they should properly maintain that variable. In the mean time you will need to disable the Use Radio Power option in the FS-ATC-Chatter options. With that off FS-ATC-Chatter will assume the radios are powered up all the time and will play chatter based upon your other settings.

Mark

Thank you for the help Mark.

Cheers!

Hi, i am having the same issue "COM1 is not powered - chattered pause" . Can assist how to sort out this issue for A320NX ? 

How to disable the Use Radio Power option in the FS-ATC-Chatter options ? 

On the FS-ATC-Chatter settings dialog on the Radios tab there is an option:

Only play chatter when your COM1/COM2 radio is powered up

Uncheck that.

Let me know if that corrects it for that plane?

<arl

same here for the MSFS Cessna Citation Longitude:

always says: COM1 is not powered - chatter paused

With the unchecked option it works fine!

vpa558.png

Let the aircraft developer know that they are not properly maintaining the SimConnect power states for the radios.

Mark

Hello there!

I have solution how to sorted "COM1 not powered - chatter paused" in MSFS2020 aircrafts. I spoke with FlyByWire team about it and for this moment simple solution is to assigning a key to avionics 1 and avionics 2 and turn them on. After that checking option on the chatter setting ,Automatically determinate controller type based on your COM1/COM2 radio frequency' will allow you to choose frequency on the radio in the aircraft 🙂 Regards