Sign in to follow this  
Binford

Voice recognition accuracy

Good Morning to all,

is there any way to have the voice recognition more accuracy? Does it makes sense to run the Windows Voice Recognition Setup again when FS2Crews is having a hard time to understand?

My particular problem is, that FS2Crew sometime needs 4 or 5 attempts to understand what i say. Also even if i just clear my throat FS2Crew responds with "checked". That is very annoying.

In the PMDG 777 i no have the big problem, that my FO turns off the APU frequently because he/she reacts to some noises i do. Very annoying when you just switched off the GPU 😉

Greetings
Michael

fslabs_banner.png

Standard technique:

1. Delete voice profile.

2. Fully retrain voice.

3. Try to keep mic away from too much ambient background noise.

4. Ensure you're using the commands from the manual.

Assuming nothing is wrong with your hardware, as a native English speaker you should easily get results over 95 percent.

Even non native English speakers can get very high results.

Hello Bryan,

sorry to come back to that again.

Even after a Windows Reinstall and a full retrain of my voice Profile FS2Crew (777 in this case) keeps to understand "APU Off" multiple times even when there is no background noise and i'am not saying anything. A small throat seems to be enough to let FS2Crew think that i have said "APU Off". On other Version like FSLabs it's just keeps saying "Check" every now and then but on the 777 Version the switch off of the APU ist very annoying 😉

I'am now out of ideas to get rid of it.

Do you have any further advice or workaround for me maybe?

Greetings
Michael

fslabs_banner.png

It's good idea to engage Hard Mute when you don't plan on speaking for a while.

Maybe your mic is too sensitive?

Keep it a bit further from your mouth so it's not catching your breath or anything.

Try lowing the sensitivity: