Sign in to follow this  
Seat*

AAO throttle responsivity

Today I bought AAO. I'm trying to get the throttle axis in MSFS to work. I use Honeycomb throttle. The problem is that no matter how I try to adjust the curve, the slider in MSFS moves with a delay. So I want more respositivity but how do I achieve this. I come down to value 0.2 but it's still not enough

/Thomas

Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3 HF1, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ 16MB, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB ROG, 2 Corsair Force M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 MB, Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision, Win 10 Home, BenQ 32" PD3200U 4K IPS monitor

A2A, Majestic Q400, Leonardo Maddog, IFly B737

2 hours ago, Seat* said:

Today I bought AAO. I'm trying to get the throttle axis in MSFS to work. I use Honeycomb throttle. The problem is that no matter how I try to adjust the curve, the slider in MSFS moves with a delay. So I want more respositivity but how do I achieve this. I come down to value 0.2 but it's still not enough

/Thomas

Strange, can't say I've heard of a delay before (but I also don't have the honeycomb). How big is that delay (ballpark) in milliseconds? And is that delay also present with the flight controls? 
What exactly are you assigning to the throttle lever(s)? Axis variables or events? And is it the same for all aircraft? The throttle assignment in MSFS is switched off?

I'm not sure that the curve will help, quite the opposite. Gut feeling says to turn it off.

LORBY-SI

It's a big delay. I have moved the throttle slider half way up before the slider in the simulator starts to move. The strange thing is that the delay only occurs when the throttle is moved upwards. When the throttle is moved down, it reacts completely normally and responds directly. I have assigned Throttle 1 axis to the leaver in the Just Flight P28-R Arrow. I have also tried ASOBO C 152. There is the same delay when the throttle control is moved up. Other flight controls work perfectly normally
I have no axis set in MSFS. I have previously used FSUIPC to control axis and LINDA for buttons. Of course, I did not start FSUIPC or LINDA when I started using AAO. My thought was that it would be more practical with one program instead of two for MSFS

/Thomas

P3D V5.3 HF1, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ 16MB, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB ROG, 2 Corsair Force M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 MB, Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision, Win 10 Home, BenQ 32" PD3200U 4K IPS monitor

Hi again. I found a solution to the problem. When I move the red triangle full left in the calibration window the throttle reacts normal and starts immediately to move. I do not know why but you might be able to explain what function this triangle has. Feels great that it works because I think AAO otherwise works great.

/Thomas

3 hours ago, Seat* said:

you might be able to explain what function this triangle has

The red triangle is the center point of the flightsim axis, the blue triangles are the left and right edges.

AAO is mapping the physical travel of the joystick axis (the small black line going left and right) onto the value range of the simulator axis in accordance to these triangles.

In this case, the simulator axis has a value range of -16K to +16K (=left blue triangle is -16k, red triangle is 0, right blue triangle is +16k). Most throttle axis in sim aircraft are using the positive part (0 to +16k) for forward movement and the negative part for reversers. Or any way the developer wants, that is why AAO is giving you the option to adjust the physical travel to the "virtual" movement. In this case you weren't dealing with a dealy. It was a case of misaligned ranges. The throttle was only using the value range from 0 to +16k, so nothing at all happened as long as you were moving the joystick axis left of the red triangle. If you would have kept the throttle lever below the red triangle, nothing at all would had happened in the sim - not later - never. By pulling the red triangle to the left you have spread the 0 - 16K virtual range over the entire physical range of your lever.

I'll have to check, but the manual, and the online videos are supposed to contain the information that you will often have to adjust the value range like you did for slider-type axis.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI