Sign in to follow this  
Denwagg

CTD and Breakpoint Error discovery

I started to get CTS's and Breakpoint errors before loading to airport was complete yesterday. Thought it was a mod. So I removed one mod at a time, same errors sometimes it would load and fly not very often though.

I finally went down to just the C208 with nothing in community folder. Same Errors. I'm thinking what did I change DCS worked great, not the new video drivers.

Then I realized that I was going thru Windows performance Sat night and noticed I had a 48gb custom paging file. I removed the swap drive and left it at No Paging file. I never swap mem to hard drive with 32gb memory so I thought this was ok

Changed back to System Managed Size rebooted and no more CTD's or Breakpoint errors.

Edited by Denwagg
  • Like 1

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2

For future reference, and for anyone else considering disabling their page file...

One might think that with loads of RAM in their system that one does not need a page file. However, that is not the case.

I grabbed the following from this article: https://www.howtogeek.com/126430/htg-explains-what-is-the-windows-page-file-and-should-you-disable-it/

Myth: Disabling the Page File Improves Performance

Some people will tell you that you should disable the page file to speed up your computer. The thinking goes like this: the page file is slower than RAM, and if you have enough RAM, Windows will use the page file when it should be using RAM, slowing down your computer.

This isn’t really true. People have tested this theory and found that, while Windows can run without a page file if you have a large amount of RAM, there’s no performance benefit to disabling the page file.

However, disabling the page file can result in some bad things. If programs start to use up all your available memory, they’ll start crashing instead of being swapped out of the RAM into your page file. This can also cause problems when running software that requires a large amount of memory, such as virtual machines. Some programs may even refuse to run.

In summary, there’s no good reason to disable the page file — you’ll get some hard drive space back, but the potential system instability won’t be worth it.

• Like 3

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.