Hi,

Just tried LNP for the first time and was amazed by how good it was. I have a 1440p monitor and used win + P to extend my screen onto my connected TV. However when I did that the sim looked a bit fuzzy and not that smooth as usual or when I closed the 2nd screen down, despite FPS in the 40s either way. Both monitor and TV are hooked up to a Nvidia 2070s Display port and HDMI respectively

Is there another way I can connect LNM to a second screen that keeps the sim running normally. I think the issue lies with MSFS not liking the extended screen rather than LNM - but I have no experience with the extended screen option or apps like LNM.

Are there any MSFS settings / nvidia settings / monitor settings that I can tweak?

Much appreciated.

Are you using simulator in full screen mode, maybe?
Try switch simulator to windowed mode and check is it ok.

In general full screen mode on one screen and windowed modes on other screens are hard configurations for operating system/graphics drivers.
I use XP11 under Linux box with LNM and many other external stuff launched at the same time and  fly only in windowed mode.
I've noticed the performance is very good (old GTX1060 on my side) in this config  and it let's me keep possibility to extend simulator through all screens or shrink to one screen depend on situation.

I'm not an expert on Windows 10 nor MSFS but maybe above advice help you 🙂

Regards,
Piotr

[edit]
ps. I've reminded myself 🙂  - When I'd been flying in MS FSX under MS Windows  many years ago, I also used windowed mode because of problems with external stuff I used at the same time.

Edited by ppgas

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

MSFS in full sceen mode and LNM on a second monitor is problem. I have this setup on my flying computer without issues. Same goes for X-Plane in full screen.

What about a second computer and running a network setup (https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.6/en/NETWORK.html)?

Alex

On 3/31/2021 at 7:45 AM, ppgas said:

Are you using simulator in full screen mode, maybe?
Try switch simulator to windowed mode and check is it ok.

In general full screen mode on one screen and windowed modes on other screens are hard configurations for operating system/graphics drivers.
I use XP11 under Linux box with LNM and many other external stuff launched at the same time and  fly only in windowed mode.
I've noticed the performance is very good (old GTX1060 on my side) in this config  and it let's me keep possibility to extend simulator through all screens or shrink to one screen depend on situation.

I'm not an expert on Windows 10 nor MSFS but maybe above advice help you 🙂

Regards,
Piotr

[edit]
ps. I've reminded myself 🙂  - When I'd been flying in MS FSX under MS Windows  many years ago, I also used windowed mode because of problems with external stuff I used at the same time.

Thank you Piotr for this reply. Yes, it is much improved using windows mode. I have performed a couple of flights and the original issue has gone 🙂

@albar965 Thank you for your suggestion, I will see how I get on with windowed mode and possibly pick up another PC in the future. Thank you for your program, it makes such a difference.