Sign in to follow this  
ARCO

Community folder is mirrored on previous C drive?

I bought a new SDD entirely dedicated to MSFS. However, although MSFS is correctly installed on the new E drive, apparently the Community folder (located in my MSFS on E drive) was automatically mirrored (duplicated) on my previous C drive that was supposed to be only for Windows 10 and P3D, hence taking away disk space on C.

Furthermore, I noticed that if I install any add-on in the Community folder located on E, it may not work, whereas if it is installed on the Community folder on my C drive, it works correctly.

Could someone please explain the rationale for that and if there is any way to rectify this, in short: keep that Community folder on my E drive if at all possible, otherwise I may have to start deleting items from my C drive soon...!

Thank you. 

Hello Jean-Claude

On my C:/ drive the path to the community folder is

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community   

If you check the size of the folder \Microsoft.FlightSimulator_etc\  you will find that it is rather small (356 kB in my case). When you open it you will see several shortcuts (folder icons with a small arrow) pointing to the place where you installed MFS 2020 (E:/ drive in your case). No need to fear, thus, that your addons will eat up space on your c:/ drive!

Dirk

• Like 1

Many thanks Dirk, that is clear and understood. I checked the size of that MSFS folder on the C drive and it is 960 KB... 

Have a great week-end!

Edited by Jean-Claude