Sign in to follow this  
DannyR

How to set default user aircraft icon?

I want to set the default user aircraft icon to a helicopter instead of an airplane.  How do I do that?

Danny

Here is exactly explanation how to customize LNM:  https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.6/en/CUSTOMIZE.html
For aircraft - look at ICONS 62.4 section 🙂

Regards,
Piotr

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

ppgas, thanks for the reply.  I was aware of the customize html you referenced.  My problem is I don't see a process for actually assigning/changing the default icon used for the user aircraft.  I generally fly a helicopter, however, LNM only should an icon of a fixed wing as my aircraft.  Perhaps I just don't understand the instructions in the html.  Either way, if you know how to do this would be kind enough to share the process?

Danny

If you asked about the yellow icon which is displayed when LNM is connected to simulator, the icons should be kept in these files:

-*_user.svg
-*_ground_user.svg

It's enough overwrite them by the files with shapes you want to get and copy the files to home directory,
under Windows it should be C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel

That's all 🙂

Regards,
Piotr

ps. in general on my side (Linux+ X-Plane11) LNM automatically detects type and display correct icon.

Edited by ppgas
  • Like 1

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

On 4/9/2021 at 2:20 PM, DannyR said:

ppgas, thanks for the reply.  I was aware of the customize html you referenced.  My problem is I don't see a process for actually assigning/changing the default icon used for the user aircraft.  I generally fly a helicopter, however, LNM only should an icon of a fixed wing as my aircraft.  Perhaps I just don't understand the instructions in the html.  Either way, if you know how to do this would be kind enough to share the process?

I have the same issue.  Heliports are showing up with an airport icon.  Other heliports have the correct icon.

LouP

8 hours ago, LouP said:

I have the same issue.  Heliports are showing up with an airport icon.  Other heliports have the correct icon.

This is a different issue. The OP talks about the user aircraft icon.
What simulator do you use and what heliports show up wrong?

Alex

8 hours ago, albar965 said:

This is a different issue. The OP talks about the user aircraft icon.
What simulator do you use and what heliports show up wrong?

Alex

msfs.  I believe the reason after looking more into it is because the developer of the heliports do not have the runways set to "none".  I decided to just place a userpoint icon over the heliport to signify a heliport. 

LouP

1 hour ago, LouP said:

I believe the reason after looking more into it is because the developer of the heliports do not have the runways set to "none".  I decided to just place a userpoint icon over the heliport to signify a heliport. 

Most likely. Some leave  short dummy runways around.

Alex