Sign in to follow this  
fnav77

1440p 1080p Dual Monitor Setup

Hello,

I currently have 2 1080p 60Hz monitors in a dual monitor setup and it works very well. It is very easy to move from one monitor to the other and there are no issues whatsoever.

I am now thinking of getting a new monitor and going down the 1440p route. Is it possible to have a dual monitor set up with a 1440p 60Hz monitor and a 1080p 60Hz monitor? Will it work OK given the monitors have different resolutions?

The plan is to have the 1440p monitor display P3D or MSFS Full Screen and the 1080p monitor display other addons like VPilot or the Aivlasoft EFB, PDF documents, chat, OBS, Discord, etc... I am NOT looking at extending the sim display on both monitors at the same time.

Will it cause any performance issues or any general issues?
What about having the game in Full Screen on the 1440p monitor? Any issues to move the mouse from one monitor to the other? For info, I have a RTX3070.

Thank you very much for your insight.

Edited by fnav77

Visit my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/Captain Nav

Follow me live on Twitch http://www.twitch.tv/captainnav

I can't see any problems have two monitors of different resolutions providing you don't set them up as a single virtual monitor for P3D.

Having one dedicated for a moving map is ideal as the draw on the graphics card is minimal and your fps should remain unaffected. You'll need to set them up in Windows so the bottom of each monitor is level with the other.

Remember to that if you use Radar Contact its menu can be displayed in ShowText - a sizeable window on a separate executable - which is far better than the SimConnect window in P3D.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Can confirm. I have a 32" 1440p monitor and a 24" 1080p one connected to a 1080TI. Plan-G and MSFS Mobile Companion App run on the second screen with no issues at all and no noticeable fps impact.

IMG20210411103810.jpg

• Like 1

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4