Sign in to follow this  
Rackster

Loosing Co-Pilot settings in Config during flight

Good day,

This is probably something that I am doing wrong however I could use help in figuring it out.

I fly on X-Plane 11 and I have had this issue on pretty much all of the airplanes that I fly.  Typically, I prefer to fly with the Co-Pilot Options checked (Responds... and Changes freq...) as a matter of habit and  of course, choice.

My problem is that these two settings continuously deactivate by themselves if I happen to perform a communication during the flight (weather check, altimeter check, holding at runway during taxi, ready for departure...).  If I don't think of resetting them, I typically get in trouble 😱.

Is this something that you have encountered before and what would be the fix for it.  If it is a question of a bad set-up, what would I need to do to correct this and maintain the Co-Pilot options even if I communicate during the flight?

Thanking you in advance,

Rackster

There is a setting on the same tab of Config as the Copilot options to set a button and/or hot key to turn the Copilot options on/off.

Just clear both of  those settings and the mysterious on/off action should stop.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I have deactivated the "Responds to Radio Hot Key", I will let you know if my co-pilots dumps on me again or if she sticks around this time😉.

Thks

It worked!

And I thought my co-pilot did not like my flying style... real confidence booster!!!

Thanks Dave