Sign in to follow this  
Alleusai

ATC Communications overlapping

Hello All,

I'm a very new Pilot2ATC user and I find it truly exceptional.

I use P3D 4.5 HF3 and UTL 1.2.

I have done some IFR test flights and during the approaches (but on ground also) I have noticed that often the communications of the AI traffic with the controllers overlap with mine or that of my co-pilot so it is difficult to understand the instructions.

Is this normal behavior or do I need to change any settings?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Alessandro

The program should interrupt the chatter when it speaks.  It could be something got out of sync if the chatter is continuing to play while a controller is speaking. This would be a glitch and hopefully won't always occur.

There is not a setting for this, but there is a setting for min/max time to pause between chatter file playing.   I have mine set to 5 and 20.  I would not set it any lower as that would make it almost continuous.

Dave

15 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

The program should interrupt the chatter when it speaks.  It could be something got out of sync if the chatter is continuing to play while a controller is speaking. This would be a glitch and hopefully won't always occur.

There is not a setting for this, but there is a setting for min/max time to pause between chatter file playing.   I have mine set to 5 and 20.  I would not set it any lower as that would make it almost continuous.

Dave

Hi Dave,

thanks for your answer.

I don't use ATC Chatter feature (please see the screensho I've send to admin@pilot2atc.com).

Overlapping is very annoying expecially when connected to very crowded ATCs. May be something wrong in my config or installation?

Thanks in advance,

Alessandro

Ahh.  OK.  I understand you are talking about the controller or copilot sometimes cuts the other one off or a controller might run two commands together.

This can happen when things are very busy on the PC and multiple events happen in P2A while it does not have the PC's attention.  Then when it gets it, all the backlog of speech come out at once.  It can also happen if some task within P2A causes the same thing.

The one thing in P2A that might run long enough to cause this is checking for a Weather Refresh.  Setting the refresh time to 1, can increase the chances of this happening.  I recommend a setting of 10-15 minutes, since the real weather is updated no more than every 15 minutes by NOAA.

Delayed access to map servers etc could also cause it, but there is nothing that can be done about that other than being sure you have a fast internet connection.

Dave

Hi Dave,

unfortunatly my setting for WX refresh interval was set to 15 minutes already.

At this point I think that best workaround is to keep open P2A interface in order to read ATC's instruction...

However resolving the overlapping could add realism to simulation so I hope to see it in a future release.

Thanks again,

Alessandro