Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

Bay Area and Fry's Sunnyvale (with PG on)

Turned PG on and replayed my previous flight to see how I felt about it. Still prefer it off, I think. It doesn't necessarily show up in these shots but on my 40 inch monitor at 4k I can still see loads of dodgy artefacts and really bad vegetation, plus the taller buildings (like downtown SF) are very melty. Still, happy to concede it looks good from a little bit higher than I like to be in the H135. Not enough to make me want to leave it on though. Maybe one day.

At least the PG shows the radio mast (or whatever that is)
RiqBCSn.jpg

Looks like some Dead-Heads may not have realised the concert is over down there!
tIRy1Li.jpg

qBnnvXC.jpg

Some of the PG stuff is impressive
xhAzBHC.jpg

m0qwPyV.jpg

2tkLXm8.jpg

BnO06SM.jpg

8JEdSIz.jpg

One of the things I do like about the PG here is that because the Bing data is so old, Candlestick Park is still here. I think it got torn down around 2010 or thereabouts. There was going to be a fancy office complex but last I read that had gotten abandoned for some reason and the place is still an empty site. So not just a sim, but a time machine too!
4eShNd1.jpg

QKJiISe.jpg

Bit further on now and here is the PG version of Fry's as mentioned in my previous set.
MXSzwVZ.jpg

lplsqLA.jpg

And here's my suspected ex-Amdahl building
93ju7es.jpg

• Like 3

Ryzen 9 3950X, 64 Gb, 3090ti, 15 Tb SSD, 24 Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor

Your shots look superb with PG turned off Andy, nice work! 

HP Omen Obelisk Gaming Computer, Intel Core i7-9700, Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 System Memory 4.7GHz 8 cores, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Graphics with 8GB GDDR6 memory, PSU 750 watts, 1TB hard drive, Samsung T7 2TB SSD, 512 GB SSD, WD 5TB HDD,  Logitech HOTAS X52 Pro Joystick, AOC 27" monitor,