Sign in to follow this  
kiosuke80

P3d V5 crashes after installing RAAS PRo 64 bit.

I need help. In the last ten days I had many problems with P3D V5. All these problems started with an update of NViDIA drivers. I read in many forums that I needed to roll back on a previous version of that. I did it. Last week I updated the drivers with the last version, but nothing (I read that the problems was solved). So I decided to make a complete new installation of P3D and his add-on. I have a HDD dedicated only for the simulator so I deleted the entire volume and make a new one.

I did my new installation following this order:

1. Update of Windows 10 64 bit
  2. New download of all (simulator, scenery add-on, aircraft and FS2crew product, IVAO ad FSUIPC). Making that, I was sure that my product were all new and up - to - date
  3. Proceeding with a new installation of P3d and it worked fine
  4. Proceeding with a new installation of all aircraft (PMDG, Quality wings, Aerosoft, FSLab and Carenado). After every installation I checked if P3d worked fine. It did it.
  5. Proceeding with a new installation of all add-on scenery. After every installation I checked if P3d worked fine. It did it.
  6. Proceeding with a new installation of all FS2crew product (PMDG, Quality wings, Aerosoft and FSLab). After every installation I checked if P3d worked fine. It did it.
  7. Proceeding with a new installation of UGCX, once again the simulator worked fine.
  8. The last installation was RAAS pro 64 bit. Setup was in order, I installed Make runways in P3d main folder, I ran it as an Administrator and all worked fine, but now I had the same problem of ten days ago, my simulator starts, builds new scenery database and then crashes!

If I uninstall RAAS pro and if I delete the following folders: C:\Users\kiosu\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5, C:\Users\kiosu\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 and C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 the simulator works fine. I don't have any new idea and now I need help. What can I do to solve this problem?

Thank in advance.

Davide

Edited by kiosuke80

3 hours ago, kiosuke80 said:
  1. The last installation was RAAS pro 64 bit. Setup was in order, I installed Make runways in P3d main folder, I ran it as an Administrator and all worked fine, but now I had the same problem of ten days ago, my simulator starts, builds new scenery database and then crashes!

I can confirm this, I found out exactly the same this morning. Same symptoms, P3Dv5. Uninstalling RAAS cures it. 

Mike

Edited by mikealpha

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

49 minutes ago, byork said:

Generally speaking, the only really known thing can make RAAS crash P3D 64 bit is if the user still has the old 32 bit version of Microsoft Access Database running.

I had a look, I see MS Access database engine 2010 listed, Version 14.xxxx   How do I know if that's 32 or 64bit ?

H

12 hours ago, mikealpha said:

I had a look, I see MS Access database engine 2010 listed, Version 14.xxxx   How do I know if that's 32 or 64bit ?

Did you install the TFDi 717 by chance?

You'd need to check your registry to see which version is installed.  I googled it.  I got 10 different answers.

Fastest solution probably:

Uninstall your current Access Database engine.

Restart Windows.

Reinstall RAAS.

RAAS will will install the 64 bit version of the Access Database engine.

Best,

Edited by byork

5 hours ago, byork said:

Uninstall your current Access Database engine.

Restart Windows.

Reinstall RAAS.

RAAS will will install the 64 bit version of the Access Database engine

No 717 here, but thanks, that instruction helped. Additionally I had to remove and recreate the UGCX database after that though.

Mike