Sign in to follow this  
Masterius

Head Tracking

I'm running P3DV5, and I'm pulling blanks getting any sort of answer or assistance on the topic of head tracking. It seems that P3DV5 can use TrackIR and its associated software. However, I'm not finding any information regarding how to interface them. Nor am I finding any information at all regarding alternative forms of head tracking, such as Opentrack or TrackAR. 

I've actually managed interfacing TrackAR and Opentrack with FSX:SE, but I'm coming up dry with doing so with P3DV5. Any help, advice, or suggestions will definitely be appreciated!

33 minutes ago, Masterius said:

I'm not finding any information regarding how to interface them.

Can you tell us what is "interface" ...... TrackIR is intuitively easy to install & use.

Sure you need to develop a "profile" to suit your physical presence to the monitor/reader (& experimenting is probably needed).

for now, cheers

john martin

48 minutes ago, vadriver said:

Can you tell us what is "interface" ...... TrackIR is intuitively easy to install & use.

Maybe TrackIR is "intuitively easy to install & use"...but I'm not using TrackIR. I'm using Opentrack.

I believe P3D uses the same interface as FSX as "simconnect"

I have used Freetarck with FSX and FS9 without issue, while now I use TIR5 with P3Dv4 then.

Actually there is a hack to rename 32bit-P3D's dll into FSX to makesure TIR works with them in non-english Windows, as the "®" in P3D's title doesn't work will in non-english environment. So I think P3D should works the very same as FSX.