Sign in to follow this  
veldthui

Problems with Auto-Pilot

I have just started having troubles with the auto pilot and noticed some strange behaviour. I thought it was playing up and it is but not the way I expected.When I set the VS to 200 it actually goes to 660 fpm. As I increase it it goes up proportionally. Also the Altitude suffers the same way.1200 = 39401250 = 41011300 = 42651350 = 4429By the time you get it to about 13,000 it is actually asking for 44,000 odd.This is happening on the Beech Baron 58 G1000.Looking at the glass cockpit the reading are what the second lot say and actually look to be the right height. Looking further right to the backup gauges it reads what the left says.This has only just started happening and the only thing added has been FSCommander and I load in flight plans from it.Anyone else seen this happen or have any suggestions?

Are you sure you don't have settings set to metric, i.e. metres instead of feet? Seems to be pretty close calculation. 1200 metres X 39.37 inches = 47244 inches = 3937 feet.Ron

Ron Service

Dont think so but will check.I would have thought though that if it was then the Auto Pilot control should have been using metric as well and also the standby instruments.Maybe a bug

Well it was set for metric after all. I must have changed it for something and forgot to put it back.Obviously FSX auto pilot is too simple with one working in feet and the other in meters and also the backup gauges doing the same thing.I have noticed that even though metric is set you still get inHg on the gauges.Very poor bugs and pretty obvious so should have been removed.