Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

FS2Crew not pointing at the right panel.cfg

Hi Bryan,

Today I installed for the first time FS2Crew on P3D v5 (while I have it already active on v4).

I noticed that, when I activate it, it writes on the v4 panel.cfg, rather than pointing at v5.

Could it be that the activator gets confused because of my folders configuration, that is the following?

v4.5:

D:/Simulazione/FSLabs

v5.1:

D:/Simulazione/FSLabs v5/FSLabs

Looks like the activator "sees" the first part of the path, "D:/Simulazione/FSLabs", instead of considering the whole path, "D:/Simulazione/FSLabs v5/FSLabs".

Is there a way to solve the problem? At the moment I just copied the panel.cfg file from v4 to v5 and it works.

Thank you very much and best regards.

James Goggi

Hi James,

Did you manually create that path (FSLabs v5)?  Mine doesn't look like that.

The Config Manager uses the addons.xml to locate paths.

But, in your case, if you're modifying the folder configuration and doing handed edits modifications, easiest solution is just to copy and paste the FS2Crew entries from the P3D V4 panel.cfg to the V5 panel.cfg.

The entries are on top and the bottom of the panel.cfg file.

Best,

Edited by byork

Hi Bryan,

No, I did not do any manual installation. Below you can find the first lines of the log.txt file, where it looks like FS2Crew does not correctly locate the A319 folder, it considers the one of v4 (and why can't I see the lines related to the CFM and IAE A320, that I use?).

Adding each time the FS2Crew lines manually to 4 panel.cfg files is not that comfortable 😢

Thank you.

Start of log
P3D found
NO p3d.dat found, version fallback: 5
add-ons.cfg path:C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\add-ons.cfg, lines 51
FSLabs title line:TITLE=FSLabs Aircraft Family
FSLabs path line:PATH=D:\Simulazione\FSLabs v5\FSLabs
Auto path:D:\Simulazione\FSLabs v5\FSLabs        EXISTS
FSLabs A319 CFM panel.cfg path: D:\Simulazione\FSLabs\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A319 CFM\panel\panel.cfg
Used entries:
//FS2Crew windows

James Goggi

Sorry Bryan, disregard.

Uninstalled and reinstalled FS2Crew, now everything looks working correctly...

Best regards.

James Goggi