Dear Forum,

I'm using MSFS Addon Linker to manage my community folder.

One of the benefits of this program is that you can very quickly choose what you want in your community folder before a flight to help speedup the sim loading times. For me it's a blessing as I have over 400 items in my community folder and it's a 6-8 minute load process. 

The problem I now face is LNM has nothing to read so none of my custom airports populate.

Does LNM have a feature that will allow me to choose another folder (where my addons live) without it being the community folder?

Please help.

Thank You.

1 hour ago, nasaspaceboy said:

Does LNM have a feature that will allow me to choose another folder (where my addons live) without it being the community folder?

Sorry, no. You can use symbolic links to arrange add-ons. LNM follows these when loading a scenery library.

Alex

Alex will obviously correct me if i'm wrong but i think you can do this :

- in addons linker enable everything (just 1 click)

- then launch the scanning option (load scenery library) in the fantastic LNM (it will read the links just like if the real folders where in the community folders)

- LNM will create its internal database and will include your addons airports

- Then you can disable the addons in addons linker, LNM will read the data in its own database and will not really need to have the files at all time present in the community folder.

You will just have to renable everything everytime you want to update the LNM database with the 'load scenery database' option but that should be fairly quick and easy.

Hopefully i'm not too far away from the truth 🤞

Edited by Bad_T
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Bad_T said:

Alex will obviously correct me if i'm wrong but i think you can do this :

- in addons linker enable everything (just 1 click)

- then launch the scanning option (load scenery library) in the fantastic LNM (it will read the links just like if the real folders where in the community folders)

- LNM will create its internal database and will include your addons airports

- Then you can disable the addons in addons linker, LNM will read the data in its own database and will not really need to have the files at all time present in the community folder.

You will just have to renable everything everytime you want to update the LNM database with the 'load scenery database' option but that should be fairly quick and easy.

Hopefully i'm not too far away from the truth 🤞

This is exactly what I've done.

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers