Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

Complete Uninstall to Reinstall

So, I recently set up a P3Dv4.5 installation. Already have FSX-SE. I have had lots of troubles getting P3D4 set up right and now it is with default planes.

One of the troubles I had with it were CTDs caused by my Garmin GTN trainer. I have also had issues at times in FSX.

What I want to do is clear all RXP out and start fresh. No empty folders or any other errors. I want clean and new.

How do I completely remove all RXP and Garmin files so I can safely install new into both simulations?

Thanks.

22 minutes ago, Gary1124 said:

So, I recently set up a P3Dv4.5 installation. Already have FSX-SE. I have had lots of troubles getting P3D4 set up right and now it is with default planes.

One of the troubles I had with it were CTDs caused by my Garmin GTN trainer. I have also had issues at times in FSX.

What I want to do is clear all RXP out and start fresh. No empty folders or any other errors. I want clean and new.

How do I completely remove all RXP and Garmin files so I can safely install new into both simulations?

Thanks.

Why not use the uninstall function?

Bert

I plan on doing that but what I really wonder is what all gets left behind and what directories do I check to find the remains?

1 hour ago, Gary1124 said:

I plan on doing that but what I really wonder is what all gets left behind and what directories do I check to find the remains?

No need. 😉

• Like 1

Bert

Uninstall via control panel or is there an exe to do that? 

I just am concerned that over fixing numerous glitches things may be a mess because I am far from a Win 10 expert.

1 hour ago, Gary1124 said:

Uninstall via control panel or is there an exe to do that? 

I just am concerned that over fixing numerous glitches things may be a mess because I am far from a Win 10 expert.

Via Control Panel is fine.

Bert