Sign in to follow this  
Anthony Salvino

NO add-on's in Steam store & NO C172??

25 minutes ago, Anthony Biaggio said:

Awesome, thanks, I'll def check that out. I assume one can get add-on's even with the Steam edition?

There is no difference in terms of getting addons.

As mentioned above the options for getting addons are the in game marketplace and the external storefronts.

Advantage of the in game marketplace - everything in one place and updates are automatic.

Disadvantage of the in game marketplace - updates take forever and some aircraft are simply not available.

Addon aircraft I personally own and can recommend:

• Just Flight Turbo Arrow III and IV (from Just Flight Store)
  • Carenado Mooney (Marketplace)
  • AT Simulations Piaggio P149 (AT simulations Store)
  • Jabiru (Market Place, or Iris Simulations direct, or Orbx Store)
  • Fiat G91 (Marketplace or Just Flight Store)

If you like airliners the CRJ seems to get good reviews and the new DC6 seems popular.

Other "must have" downloads are the addon linker,  the WT G1000 etc mods and the gtn750  mod .

With regard to scenery there is no need for global packages.

Basically there are a few mesh available such as NZ and Switzerland but you mainly will just download individual airports. As to which ones that depends on the person. I tend to download stuff like Brindas with Balloons and Cows or Governador Valdarez with hang gliders everywhere-  but other people are more interested in accurate approach plates and ILS. Depends what you are into.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

There is no difference in terms of getting addons.

As mentioned above the options for getting addons are the in game marketplace and the external storefronts.

Advantage of the in game marketplace - everything in one place and updates are automatic.

Disadvantage of the in game marketplace - updates take forever and some aircraft are simply not available.

Addon aircraft I personally own and can recommend:

• Just Flight Turbo Arrow III and IV (from Just Flight Store)
  • Carenado Mooney (Marketplace)
  • AT Simulations Piaggio P149 (AT simulations Store)
  • Jabiru (Market Place, or Iris Simulations direct, or Orbx Store)
  • Fiat G91 (Marketplace of Just Flight Store)

With regard to scenery there is no need for global packages.

Basically there are a few mesh available such as NZ and Switzerland but you mainly will just download individual airports. As to which ones that depends on the person. I tend to download stuff like Brindas with Balloons and Cows or Governador Valdarez with hang gliders everywhere-  but other people are more interested in accurate approach plates and ILS. Depends what you are into.

Thanks for this info, I'll take note of it. I still have to download rest of my inventory & obtain rest of my aircraft, you seem to have a nice selection going on on your end, sounds cool. So many options.

6 hours ago, Anthony Biaggio said:

First thing-I do not see any standard C172' s in the default aircraft inventory, not ones without the G1000, I want the older one, the C172SP, which is like the most popular training aircraft, so dont understand why they dont have it by default.  

Go to marketplace > full catalog > owned > yes

Download and install upgrade also download and install all world updates.

After that go to profile > content manager and check: not installed and update available.

Edited by TENPATROL
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TENPATROL said:

Go to marketplace > full catalog > owned > yes

Download and install upgrade also download and install all world updates.

After that go to profile > content manager and check: not installed and update available.

Thanks, I'm going to look into that later tonight, some people on here pointed out I may not have even downloaded the whole FS2020, so will check out, thanks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Anthony Biaggio said:

Thanks, I'm going to look into that later tonight, some people on here pointed out I may not have even downloaded the whole FS2020, so will check out, thanks.

Yes, it sounds like you may need to download the deluxe and premium content. Look for it in the marketplace, it should show up as "owned".

When MSFS first launched, a lot of people also had to simply restart their sim after first launching it to get the deluxe and premium content to download. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Yes, it sounds like you may need to download the deluxe and premium content. Look for it in the marketplace, it should show up as "owned".

When MSFS first launched, a lot of people also had to simply restart their sim after first launching it to get the deluxe and premium content to download. 

Thanks Der, hopefully its that's easy, I said it earlier, flying a real 172 is easier than computers lol. Ok, have good day.

2 hours ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Hey Der, sorry to bother you again but something is strange.  In the catalog section under “installed” it says “owned” next to all 3, Deluxe upgrade, Premium & Premium upgrade, and even in search under installed section in content manager I can find the regular C172, but under aircraft it’s not there, in fact there are only 20 aircraft total listed under aircraft, so something seems not right.  

MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR PLANE LIST

Class Name Standard Deluxe Premium Deluxe
Airliners Airbus A320neo X X X
Airliners Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental X X X
Jets Cessna Citation CJ4 X X X
Propellers Aviat Pitts Special S2S X X X
Propellers Beechcraft Bonanza G36 X X X
Propellers Cessna 152 X X X
Propellers Cessna 172 Skyhawk (G1000) X X X
Propellers Cub Crafter X Cub X X X
Propellers Diamond DA40NG X X X
Propellers Diamond DA62 X X X
Propellers EXTRA 330LT X X X
Propellers Flight Design CTLS X X X
Propellers ICON A5 X X X
Propellers JMB VL-3 X X X
Propellers Robin Cap10 X X X
Propellers Robin DR400/100 Cadet X X X
Propellers Zlin Savage Cub X X X
Turboprops Beechcraft King Air 350i X X X
Turboprops Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX X X X
Turboprops Daher TBM 930 X X X
Propellers Beechcraft Baron G58   X X
Propellers Cessna 152 Aerobat   X X
Propellers Cessna 172 Skyhawk   X X
Propellers Diamond DA40 TDI   X X
Propellers Diamond DV20   X X
Airliners Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner     X
Jets Cessna Citation Longitude     X
Propellers Cirrus SR22     X
Propellers Pipistrel Virus SW121     X
Propellers Zlin Shock Ultra     X
  • Like 1

Thank you for that list, I can find the 172 Skyhawk in my installed inventory, I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but when I go to aircraft inventory to just fly & pick an aircraft, it’s not there.  There must be a glitch somewhere, I appreciate everyone’s advice and help, I’m prob going to have a PC tech guy try to figure this out cause it makes no sense.  Thanks either way.  

Here is the Zendesk help for problems getting the addons to install:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016763120

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015946980-Missing-Deluxe-or-Deluxe-Premium-DLC-content-Microsoft-Store-

Note that "owned" does not necessarily mean "installed" you can own something without it being installed into the game.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015946980-Missing-Deluxe-or-Deluxe-Premium-DLC-content-Microsoft-Store-

Note that "owned" does not necessarily mean "installed" you can own something without it being installed into the game.

Thanks i’ll read up on that.  I have the bundle installed for sure it says installed in content manager but the aircraft is not in my inventory, only the G1000 C172 is there.  Thanks though for the links i’ll read up on them.  

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Thank you super much the links you provided helped me solve the problem, apparently my time zone setting did not match that of FS, I adjusted it, logged out and logged back in and now I have the 30 aircraft.  Thanks very much.  

• Like 3

Hey all, just want to mention again, the links Glenn Fitzpatrick sent me worked perfect, even with FS stating that the other editions were indeed installed, which they were, they were not able to be active apparently because my time zones from my computer did not match the FS time, something I never would have figured out, so thanks again Glenn.