Sign in to follow this  
Justin Toposim

Anyone using FSGenesis FSX Landclass?

Guest PPSFA

From the Genesis forums:If you already have it on your hard drive, just move or copy it to FSXAddon Sceneryscenery. If you have to download it again, log into your FSG Store account and download the manual install, extract it to Addon Sceneryscenery. Hope this helps _________________JustinFSG

>>Does the Landclass depict the seasons correctly?>Not sure what the exact question is, but the formula is:landclass+regions+seasons+mesh+lclookup --> texture tile + blendingchanging landclass by itself will not directly change the seasons, but it could indirectly if the result of the formula is a texture with summer only variation. In that case summer will be used in all seasons.scott s..

>As far as I'm concerned, the Cloud9 LC works great. I bought the 6 worldwide editions of Xclass from Cloud9, and just about anywhere I went in the USA, I got wrong landclass and wrong seasons. Trees with green leaves in New England, no snow, etc. With the FSG US landclass in FSX, I at least get winter in winter, and rural landscapes where they are supposed to go, rather than huge multi-story buildings where fields should be.I posted my findings with screenshots on the Cloud 9 support forum, and the response I received was essentially that they had to do that because they are using some data file that tells them the average precipitation in an area. I'm OK with that, but in winter in Vermont, it should be frozen precip with no leaves on any trees. Oh well, you live and learn. I've wasted my money before. :)

Guest d.lahrman

So now that FSG FSX Landclass is available (according to their site) does anyone have anything else to add to this thread? Some screenshots would be nice since there aren't any on FSG's site.

Uh, ???I've made no announcements about native-FSX landclass being available yet. I'm still working on it. Hope to have the FSx-specific version available within a few days. But I'm not sure what you're referring to as far as it being available now. It's not, yet.But the existing FS2004 landclass, available for years now, does work in FSx.-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net