Sign in to follow this  
Alexx Pilot

Weird Sky mist with EA + Rex Sky Force weather

Hello!

P3DV5.2 is definitely a step forward, but I noticed a strange and excessive Mist with EA and Rex Sky Force 3D weather injection, also different sky colors, I'm not sure what is causing since I made a full reinstall.

Here, you can see the difference: 

Standard EA colors: https://imgur.com/ESmat8i

Weird Sky EA + REX Weather injection: https://imgur.com/a/YLLIiI1

Ho could I solve that?

Edited by Alexx Pilot

Are you sure that's EA? It looks like the standard cloud textures to me. The "mist" might just be fog, or you might have setup SF3D to inject custom sky textures as well.

• Upvote 1

@arwasairl Thanks for the reply, in this exact case visibility was 9999 with EA and Rex clouds, here are the settings: https://imgur.com/DBh60IV 

I'm not sure if there is an option to deactivate rex sky force sky textures or if it's automatic when EA is enabled, but it's something definitely wrong, just because sky gets back to normal as soon as I turn off Rex Weather injection.

Edited by Alexx Pilot

2 hours ago, Alexx Pilot said:

I'm not sure if there is an option to deactivate rex sky force sky textures or if it's automatic when EA is enabled,

It seems that SF3D only injects cloud models (not sky textures). Have you tried using a different weather engine? (P3DWX, ActiveSky)?

2 hours ago, arwasairl said:

Have you tried using a different weather engine? (P3DWX, ActiveSky)?

Before Rex I was using P3DWX and never had a similar problem

This could be a REX issue, but I honestly don't really care for their weather engine all that much (their textures are great, I've never used their engine though).

You can try to get support, but I definitely recommend looking into other weather engines like ActiveSky.

7 minutes ago, arwasairl said:

This could be a REX issue, but I honestly don't really care for their weather engine all that much (their textures are great, I've never used their engine though).

You really do not care for their weather engine..............  But you have never used it?   ????????????????????????????????????????

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

39 minutes ago, fppilot said:

????????????????????????????????????????

Yeah I was a bit tired in the head.

I DID try out the engine before i got ActiveSky, and it was alright but when I got AS it certainly felt better than REX, I'm not sure if it's placebo, but that's the impression I got.