Sign in to follow this  
KL Oo

Help importing Taxiways

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here, but I keep running into an issue where P2A is giving me clearance for a particular runway and then taxi instructions to a different runway. Has happened at a handful of airports. I thought it must be something to do with the taxi instructions. So I started trying to use the Taxi way editor.

I've tried importing two airports so far. The first is FlightBeams KSFO. Doing the import from the standard ADE file resulted in this;

6fxuWdc.jpg

There are taxiways drawn from all sorts of taxiway points to all manner of others. 

Then I imported KSAN from Orbx. It imported like this; 

rFODvNW.jpg

Again, just taxiways going every which way.

The ADE files show clean and regular taxiways, nothing like the above. Am I doing something wrong here? Cleaning up the above files would take hours.

Thanks for any advice.

C

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

i have just edited the EGCC and it was a lot easer to edit the default taxi ways than the ones imported from Make Runways

Have done a little editing on the taxiways for this airport KSFO Taxiway file i am still new to this but please have a look and see if i have done it right

it now looks like this 

sM2gAGk.png

i was not sure how to name the taxiways for terminal 3 as they look like numbers but where number 11 is that is also taxiway B but where number 8 is that dose not seam to have any taxiway letter

Nu8AjUh.jpg

Thanks @Lestat11, appreciate your help.

@Dave-Pilot2ATC any idea why the above may be occurring? If it’s normal that s ok, at least I’ll know to stop troubleshooting importing and jus to create new ones from scratch.

Cheers

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

P2A ignores all those stray lines by not using any taxi paths without names.  Not sure how they get into the data.

I would not create new ones from scratch, P2A only uses the data for creating taxi instructions and most airports work fine using the default data in P2A.  If the taxiway names are off, then modifying the default ones is probably the fastest and easiest way to get good taxi directions.

If you are getting bad taxi instructions, save the TaxiMnt file and email it to me (admin@pilot2atc.com) with the details of what gate you are at and what runway you were trying tot get to, along with the instructions you received.  I will see if I can figure out what is causing the problem.

Dave

than

23 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

P2A ignores all those stray lines by not using any taxi paths without names.  Not sure how they get into the data.

I would not create new ones from scratch, P2A only uses the data for creating taxi instructions and most airports work fine using the default data in P2A.  If the taxiway names are off, then modifying the default ones is probably the fastest and easiest way to get good taxi directions.

If you are getting bad taxi instructions, save the TaxiMnt file and email it to me (admin@pilot2atc.com) with the details of what gate you are at and what runway you were trying tot get to, along with the instructions you received.  I will see if I can figure out what is causing the problem.

Dave

Thanms Dave, is it possible to get a copy of then default data file without reinstalling? I’d like to revert to default without having to reinstall? ( yeah I’m an word not allowed who didn’t backup the original before modifying)

Cheers

Edited by KL Oo

Kael Oswald

Yes.  Download  the full version and install it to a different location.  The taxi data is in the P2ABaseData.mdf file.  

You can copy your updated version to a backup location, then copy the original version from the new install to your current installation.  Be sure to delete the P2ABaseData_log.ldf file in the current installation.  The database engine will then be able to make a new log file for the original data file.

Dave