Sign in to follow this  
Mike Sierra

LNM does not connect with P3D automatically

Hi.

My installation of LNM refuses to auto-connect with P3D.

My system: P3D v5.1 (v5.2 since yesterday), LNM latest release (v...13) on the same PC, Win 10 prof. with all updates as OS.

Since LNM v...9 or v...11 it refuses to auto-connect. No problem connecting manually, but no matter whether I mark the checkbox of "connect automatically" or not - it would not do. Leaving the connection settings window via "Connect" button, estabilshes the connection without any faults. It simply would not do it on program startup.

Complete de- and re-installation (including all settings) of LNM did not work. Updating P3D and (re)installing the newest (?) version of simconnect.msi (that from P3D\redist\...\FSX-PACK2) did not work.

I only for once managed to find a settings file of LNM, where I noticed a setting for autoconnect to be set to "2" instead of "1" or "0" (Changing that from "2" to "1" DID work! - Until I altered the settings via LMN menu again) - but I'm unable to find that setting again - if it ever exists (meanwhile I'm not even sure about THAT!).

What else can I do to make LNM connect automatically again?

Michael.

+1

Regards

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Hi Michael,

can you send me your log file? Try a connection attempt. Then LNM -> menu -> "Tools" -> "Files and Directories" -> "Open Log file"

Installing SimConnect does not change anything since LNM comes with its own SimConnect.dll.

The setting in the little_navmap.ini is Remote_checkBoxConnectOnStartup=... 
0 means disabled and 2 means enabled. Name and numbers are weird since it is generated automatically.

Strange that the setting is not saved. It should always be saved on exit or when saving manually using "Tools" -> "Save Options and Application State"

Autoconnect is working fine here with MSFS, X-Plane and FSX.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your suggestions. 

First: New learnings! Auto-Connect DOES work - as long as LNM ist started AFTER P3D has loaded its scenario.
Since ever I'm using the exe.xml entry for the startup of LMN, so it opens BEFORE P3D starts to load a scenario (I have the "show startup menu" option active in P3D) With the former version(s) of LNM that was no problem and did work, the newer ones refuse to do so. Alas.

I consider it VERY convenient to start P3D, then preparing for 'flying', where in the meantime P3D starts up all the add-on tools I believe that I need (TrackIR, WhereAreMyAircraft, SpadNext, ActiveSky - and LNM). Then I take seat in my 'pilot's seat' and everything is running and fine, choose the scenario, and off we go!

The logfile: I could not find an option to attach the file to a message in this forum, the printout is too large for the forum software to load/display, so I sent it via eMail (source: your LNM homepage).

May it help,

Liebe Grüsse,
Michael.

Hi Michael,

thank you for the log file.

Sorry, I'm afraid I can't help much. No idea what LM changed there to break the autoconnect. It is still working with FSX and MSFS no matter what start order I use.

Next LNM comes with a menu item and a keyboard shortcut to quickly establish a connection. Maybe this helps a bit.

Alex

Several flights later, I now think, I have a clue, what LM has changed with P3D: The duration of startup!

Without knowing anything about how LNM 'waits' for P3D, I noticed that it takes a lot (!) longer to start up v5.2 than former versions. And as soon as I fire up LNM at a later time than P3D would do with its exe.xml commands, the auto-connect feature works ok.

So my idea is, that LNM simply is too impatient for slow P3D to finish startup... - so it seems most probably a P3D problem. But try to tell them...

Michael.