Sign in to follow this  
lvdb

Reality Xp GTN 750 problem

I have purchased Reality XP GTN 750

My antivirus software (McAfee) will not allow it to run as it finds suspects files.

I therefore want a refund for the software as it is unusable.

31 minutes ago, lvdb said:

I have purchased Reality XP GTN 750

My antivirus software (McAfee) will not allow it to run as it finds suspects files.

I therefore want a refund for the software as it is unusable.

Hello.  I am another user just like you.  The reaction by McAfee is what is referred to as a false-positive.  It has been well documented here on multiple occasions.  The product and its installer are safe.  It just requires an additional step to bypass the McAfee warning.  The product is very very useable and once you learn its functions you will be in a quandary as to why you did not get it earlier than now!   I recommend you read the topic at the link I am providing below, and I greatly suggest you scroll to the bottom and read it from bottom to top.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/522608-trojan-virus-false-positive/

I am currently finding more and more false-positives, especially on websites.  I have had to in Malware Bytes exclude three different flight simulation product websites in just the past few days.  It is just an unfortunate sign of our times.  The most recent was this:  https://mfg-sim.com/  It too is a well known site from a totally trustworthy developer, so I was very comfortable in excluding it in Malware Bytes.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

In my case the problem was that both Chrome and Edge refused to download the E-commerce installers! I had to fall back to Internet Explorer for that...

Just to be sure, I scanned the .exe files with BitDefender and it did not complain, so no false positives at the antivirus level.

• Like 2

i have the G750 from reality xp on the front screen in the boxes the weather and services are not highlighted they are blanked out why is the question

question the weather and service programme don't work why or dose the weather have to be in navigraph please tell me  

please email me xxxxxxxxx

[removed email]

Edited by RXP

@david Haynes

Hi, this is normal and expected. These would be active in a real device only if you'd connect a Wx data source to the GTN.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)