Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

fsx activation limit reached :(

Well I've reached my FSX activation limit and it tells me to call the phone number to get a new activation code. So does anyone know if MS will charge me for it? Sorry but I think this is total BS!! I'm only running FSX on a single PC. I purchased FSX the month a release and installed it onto my old PC. It was running like crap so I formatted and reinstalled it once or twice more only onto that 1 PC as the performance was so poor. I then got sick of FSX performance so I deleted it from my PC and left it boxed until my new PC arrived this week. I did a windows vista upgrade strait away and installed FSX. It activated fine. I noticed that I had a few issues under vista so I went back to XP and reinstalled FSX but now I can't activate it! And Ive only ever had FSX installed on 1 PC at a time so this is total BS!!!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Pete!The same happened to me with XP recently.MS, did not charge me for the re-activation. It only took a few minutes and I was off again. I would imagine it is the same with FSX!Hope you get going soon.All the bestAlfred

I'll simply note that it is possible to install and play FSX without going through the activation process, but I doubt the details could be discussed here. I've not actually done it myself, only read about it, and it's easy to Google for the information.

Just call. A nice accented man or woman will ask you if you have it installed on just one computer. Tell him/her yes, and you're on your way.

As Mountain Man says, why would you bother, when for less than the price of the phone call, and for less intrusion than the inevitable nosing about in our business that such reactivation requires, you could Google yourself a better, permanent solution? ;)What ongoing benefit is there to activation anyway? Once you have proved to Lord Bill you have a genuine copy, why should you have to keep proving your innocence? There is no benefit to the user in this continuous activation concept, only the supplier and of course the pirates are laughing at us for being so foolish as to submit to such stupid limitations.Allcott

>Well I've reached my FSX activation limit and it tells me to>call the phone number to get a new activation code. So does>anyone know if MS will charge me for it? Sorry but I think>this is total BS!! I'm only running FSX on a single PC. I>purchased FSX the month a release and installed it onto my old>PC. It was running like crap so I formatted and reinstalled it>once or twice more only onto that 1 PC as the performance was>so poor. I then got sick of FSX performance so I deleted it>from my PC and left it boxed until my new PC arrived this>week. I did a windows vista upgrade strait away and installed>FSX. It activated fine. I noticed that I had a few issues>under vista so I went back to XP and reinstalled FSX but now I>can't activate it! And Ive only ever had FSX installed on 1>PC at a time so this is total BS!!! Just call them up and tell them you purchased new computer.I am 99% confident that they will activated it for you.I have called at least dozen times to reactivate my copy of WXP.Never a problem!

>Just call. A nice accented man or woman will ask you if you>have it installed on just one computer. Tell him/her yes, and>you're on your way.>lololololololololol