Sign in to follow this  
David95

GNS 430 HSI Course bar doesn't change OBS setting on GPS

Hi,

I use the Baron (6 pack not g1000 model) in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 with the GNS430 add on.

I swear with the old flight sim I had in gold edition and the older GNS430 V1 RXP, when you OBS the gps on a waypoint and rotated the course bar it would change the OBS track to correctly represent what was set on HSI.

Now using the one in Flight simulator 2020 when I click OBS, it makes me manually change the track instead of following what is set on the HSI

Is there a setting i'm missing or not enabling to have that function work?

Cheers

Not sure why you are posting about an MSFS 2020 problem, as RXP has no products for that platform.

David Porrett

sorry, my mistake. I meant the MSFS X steam edition one.

I get confused with them as I have them both on my computer but don't use the 2020 one as it is not as good as the old Microsoft Flight Simulator X

6 hours ago, David95 said:

Now using the one in Flight simulator 2020 when I click OBS, it makes me manually change the track instead of following what is set on the HSI

HI David95.  I am another  user like you and will try to provide some guidance. I assume the Baron you refer to is a default Baron in FSX SE.  Is that correct?

First make sure the GNS is in the correct CDI mode, GPS/VLOC.  Then enter the RXP GNS configuration panel (shift + right-click on the top edge of the GNS bezel) and note what options are selected.  What is required often varies by aircraft as not all sim developers write to the same standard.  See page 5 of the RXP GNS User Manual.  It can be found in the Windows Start menu under R, Reality XP, User Manual.

Also note that you posted this in the RXP General forum.  If you back up one level and look at the forum listing you will see that there are specific forums for xPlane and for FSX/P3D.  Then there are GNS and GTN forums for each sim platform.  This would best have been posted in the FSX/P3D GNS forum.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

10 hours ago, fppilot said:

HI David95.  I am another  user like you and will try to provide some guidance. I assume the Baron you refer to is a default Baron in FSX SE.  Is that correct?

First make sure the GNS is in the correct CDI mode, GPS/VLOC.  Then enter the RXP GNS configuration panel (shift + right-click on the top edge of the GNS bezel) and note what options are selected.  What is required often varies by aircraft as not all sim developers write to the same standard.  See page 5 of the RXP GNS User Manual.  It can be found in the Windows Start menu under R, Reality XP, User Manual.

Also note that you posted this in the RXP General forum.  If you back up one level and look at the forum listing you will see that there are specific forums for xPlane and for FSX/P3D.  Then there are GNS and GTN forums for each sim platform.  This would best have been posted in the FSX/P3D GNS forum.

Hi Fppilot,

Yep it was the deafult Baron. Did what you said and now works a dream, thanks so much for the reply.

Understood, just went and found them then and will do that in the future. Bit new to these forums, but slowly working it out. They are a great tool.

Thanks very much for your help!

• Like 2