Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Navigator43

Variable refresh rate

Hi just curious to know what everyone’s experience is using variable refresh rate with free sync and Nvidia. I’ve tried this and it seems to work well in keeping the frames consistent on a 60hz monitor 

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

56 minutes ago, Navigator43 said:

Hi just curious to know what everyone’s experience is using variable refresh rate with free sync and Nvidia. I’ve tried this and it seems to work well in keeping the frames consistent on a 60hz monitor 

i think that´s exactly four what it was made for...

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

7 hours ago, Navigator43 said:

Curious to see a pic of how you have it set up in ncp.

as I have free sync monitor 144hz with a nvidia card .

cheers 

mike

3 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Curious to see a pic of how you have it set up in ncp.

as I have free sync monitor 144hz with a nvidia card .

cheers 

mike

I just enabled free sync on my monitor then went to NVCP and enabled GSYNC for full and windows mode. Then I locked my refresh rate at 60. Opened the sim and enabled Variable refresh rate and it runs very nice and smooth for me no tearing or anything 

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.