Sign in to follow this  
Notch8710

Speech Problem

I'm having a problem getting the speech recognition to work inside of the program.  Every time I "practice" in the Grammar helper, the program shows a blank for the Full txt.  Ive configured the speech recognition on the windows 10 Side of things.  My Microphone is working.  Even the windows 10 recognizer can hear me and type out my speech.  I though the problem was that i installed it on my SSD portable drive so I moved it over to C : drive but that didnt work.  I only have the trial version and would buy the program if I was positive it would work.  I did all of the steps on the Troubleshooting guide with no luck.   Please any suggestions would be great.

Now it says SQL Server installation is either corrupt or has been Tampered with (unknown package id).  This program better not screw up my Laptop. 

22 minutes ago, Notch8710 said:

Now it says SQL Server installation is either corrupt or has been Tampered with (unknown package id).  This program better not screw up my Laptop. 

I fixed that problem  Nevermind on the SQL files.  Still cant get P2A to hear me.  I cant hear my voice on the replay option in Grammar Helper.

If you can't hear your voice with the replay button, it indicates a problem with the Mic setup.

• Be sure the mic is not physically muted
  • Check the Sound window in Windows Settings and be sure your microphone is the default audio input device.
  • Check the Microphone level on the Sound input device.  Be sure the Boost is high.  I have mine at 100%
  • On the Listen tab of the Sound settings dialog in Windows, listen to the sound and be sure the mic is clear and loud enough to hear easily.
  • Be sure that your mic is NOT the default communications input device.  This causes a conflict.
  • Make sure there are not multiple drivers installed for your audio input device
  • USB headsets sometimes have drivers.  If so, check that you have the latest driver installed.  
  • Also, with USB headsets, try changing USB ports.
  • Go back through the sound settings as described in the Installation guide

Dave

6 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

If you can't hear your voice with the replay button, it indicates a problem with the Mic setup.

• Be sure the mic is not physically muted
  • Check the Sound window in Windows Settings and be sure your microphone is the default audio input device.
  • Check the Microphone level on the Sound input device.  Be sure the Boost is high.  I have mine at 100%
  • On the Listen tab of the Sound settings dialog in Windows, listen to the sound and be sure the mic is clear and loud enough to hear easily.
  • Be sure that your mic is NOT the default communications input device.  This causes a conflict.
  • Make sure there are not multiple drivers installed for your audio input device
  • USB headsets sometimes have drivers.  If so, check that you have the latest driver installed.  
  • Also, with USB headsets, try changing USB ports.
  • Go back through the sound settings as described in the Installation guide

Dave

I've tried all of these things and still nothing.  Unless you have any more ideas...  I give up.  i went through and hit the train button and it seemed to read me just fine.  Microsoft speech can understand my speech.  Why cant P2A?  I'm sorry I cant get this to work.

Do you have English US set as the primary language and the English US set as the Speech Recognition language?

Which train button are you talking about?  Did you do the training for the P2A controllers on the Language Training screen?

If that works, then you should hear your voice in Grammar Help when you press the Replay button after saying a phrase.

Dave

7 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Do you have English US set as the primary language and the English US set as the Speech Recognition language?

Which train button are you talking about?  Did you do the training for the P2A controllers on the Language Training screen?

If that works, then you should hear your voice in Grammar Help when you press the Replay button after saying a phrase.

Dave

Yes, English is set.  I hit the train button at the bottom right of the P2A Grammar Helper screen and did the training in the Pilot2ATC language trainer window.  The train button on the left.  The one in the Full Training section.  It moved through the phrases like nothing was wrong.  It seamed to recognize me.  Do I have to do all of them?  I did several but may have missed one.  (Btw, thankyou for your time) 

Do you still not hear anything when you press the replay button after saying a phrase in Grammar Help?  Have you tried saying just "Say Altimeter".  That phrase should be recognized most easily.

• Have you checked the P2A volume level in Windows Volume Mixer?
  • In Control Panel (the old one) -> Speech Recognition, do the Set up microphone process again.
  • Also, open the Advanced speech options, at the bottom of that panel, press the Advanced button and select "Use Preferred audio input device"
  • You can also press the Audio Input device button and double check that your mic is your default audio input device.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC