Sign in to follow this  
Joe75

preferential runway at LIML

Most of my flights are in Italy and most of my italian flights are inbound/outbound from linate Airport LIML due to the simple fact I live close there. 
At LIML 99% of flights use runway 36 both for landing and taking off. it's definitely the preferential one. The 18 is used in extreme weather conditions with southern wind strong component (lets say 5 days per year, or even less) or in rare case of low traffic for some fllights directed to south. 
I can force pilot2Atc to use 36 with IFR but if I let it do its own way it always select the 18. With VFR activities it's always the 18... 
Is there a way to make pilot2ATC understanding which is the preferential runway and the proper tailwind tolerance? it is MSFS2020 database fault? 

Notes:
there's also a 17/35 (which is actually a 18/36 but conventionally they called it that way) is nowadays used only for parking and helicopters. 

You can disable inactive runways and set preferred runways in TaxiMnt on the Runways tab.

You can also set Max Crosswind/Tailwind components for the Preferred runways on that same tab.

Additionally, you can set Aircraft Max Tailwind/Crosswind speeds, meaning the aircraft must have a runway with less than these speeds to takeoff/land.

If you want to pick your runway without having a SID (either VFR or IFR Plan), you can check the "Force Dep Rwy" option on the SID panel, select the desired runway and press the SetRwy button.  Be sure and have "Force Pilot Runway Selection" checked in Config.

Dave